Convincing someone to room with me for college - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Convincing someone to room with me for college

I am only at college for another week and still have no plans of where I am staying for next year. My current roomate is a friend from highschool but will not be attending this college next year so I need a new roomate. I only have one good friend here and thats because we know each other from highschool. His current roomate is someone we both know from highschool also.

They live in an on campus dorm and I live in an off campus one. There plans are to stay where they are at for another year, but they have said they are willing to give up there $200 deposit if they find a better place to stay. So now I need to convince them to stay with me in the off campus dorm where we can get a 4 person room. The one I am better friends with showed interest in staying where I am before but I dont know anymore. Its going to cost them a little more to stay here, espeacially since they already gave up the 200 dollar deposit. But the benifit is a bigger place to stay and better food.

I have to convince them fast, how do i do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM
unashamed perv

How about stressing the benefits and flattering them by saying things like "Oh, you guys are great, you'd be the best roommates ever." Or shameless emotional blackmail, along the lines of "Oh, please room with me, I don't know what I'd do if you say no, I'll just be miserable." I've witnessed people doing this kind of thing, it's not unusual.

Dunno if that helps, just throwing stuff out there. I've never had to do this myself - I can't believe that young adults in America (I take it you're in the USA?) have to share rooms when they're at college. I mean, I've lived in shared flats for years, but sharing a room? That would drive me nuts.

I'm a woman. I don't like children. I don't hate the way I look.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page