Convincing my therapist i need medication? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Yee
SAS Member

Convincing my therapist i need medication?

I'm 16, and I hate my social anxiety. I pretty much know that I need medication to cope with it, I'm going to see a therapist and i'm pretty sure all my therapist is going to do is give me some cheesy advice and suggests for me to "practice" and get used to being social. I've done mdma and alcohol so I know how it is to be social.

What's the best thing to say to my psychiatrist to convince her that I need medication? I'm willing to make up lies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
SAS Member

Give your therapist a chance. You never know what type of information and treatment he/she has available. As much as we can learn on our own over the internet or through books, therapists are trained professionals who can better determine the treatment needed.

It would be ideal to try to overcome SA without meds because even if meds help with SA you never know the side effects are.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
HaloOfDarkness

I'm sure your therapist will most likely subscribe you some meds whether you want them or not. Be honest with her though because the medication she describes depends on it.

Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.
- Jack Kerouac

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page