Convinced myself I sent inappropriate pictures - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Convinced myself I sent inappropriate pictures

Hello, I am not diagnosed to have False Memory OCD, but I am almost sure I have it. I've been struggling with different thoughts all related to the theme of relationships and cheating. I have imagined I cheated on my boyfriend, like for example kissing other people, and now have the obsession of thinking I might have sent inappropriate pictures to a guy. What I mean with inappropriate pictures is me in a swim suite or in gym clothing. First of all, I don't take this type of pictures ever, I don't post anything like this in social media, and don't even send them to my boyfriend. This obsession had already be present in my life about 6 months ago, but I managed to get away from it and started to worry on other thoughts.

I am really scared because I imagine the whole scene perfectly, I even imagine what bathing suite I might be wearing in the picture.

What do I do? I feel horrible, is there a way to know is this is false memory?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:06 PM
SAS Member

Yes you do. Seek immediate medical help.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
I dont have false memory ocd, at least not to a significant extent, but unless it is more than some minor psychological questioning then i'd say try to remember things properly. Memory problems like this are very unhealthy and can probably lead to psychosis or amnesia or something. Whenever i start to forget about my past, i start slipping into what feels like psychosis.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page