Constantly feeling like no one likes you? - Page 6 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #101 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 03:29 PM
SAS Member

I spent the best years of my life doing drugs since I was sixteen I'm about to turn 21 next week. I always made more time to do drugs than to hold my friendships to gather and now I have developed social anxiety its always been there but now its got so out of hand nobody wants to know me. For the past 3 years I have struggled with social situations and the only person I felt comfortable with was a work mate. He left the job in January and I put that down to me talking to much about how I felt with life so that had a big impact on me I too. I now hardly ever speak to people about myself and I can tell they don't really want to know and that's were the paranoia from drugs comes into it because I felt like he was telling them everything anyway. I wish I had a time machine man what a mess I've got myself into haha. Do you guys see a way of ever coming out of this mindset for the past couple of months I've lost a lot of hope for my future and the only thing that's stopping me from doing something stupid is my sister and mother. Any advice guys and gals because anyone who actually knows me doesn't want to know me anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 03:32 PM
SAS Member

Oh, yes and people stare at me like if i were some kind of strange thing and that just fuels my axiety...

Owner of a lonely heart, much better than an owner of a broken heart.--- Yes
post #103 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Permanently Banned

I know for a fact that people don't like me. I've known since I was a child and was neglected by my family. School was certainly no different.

post #104 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 09:14 PM
SAS Member

Im the same way. But on top of that i feel like anyone who is nice to me just wants to use me
Example: my old MDMA dealer would alwayse act like were good friends and would bring up new products he was getting in conversation all the time
post #105 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 09:50 PM
SAS Member

Yes, with almost everyone I meet. I Remember one time my best friends, friend was hanging hanging with us. Im always quiet, not my mind though I'd be thinking about things to say but I wouldn't end up saying anything really because I honestly when I do say something it ends up coming out dumb as hell. Like I would say something that doesn't make sense and I talk quietly. But anyway, I felt like he didn't like me for some reason and when we left I asked my best friend "does he not like me because I feel like he doesn't.. she said" he doesn't have a problem with you, why would you say that" I dont why.. I just feel like he didn't like me. The way he looked at me and the way he wouldn't even make conversation with me.
post #106 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Sorry...

My Mood: Crappy
Well make sure you're checking to see if your physical body is being taken care of.

Like hygiene. That can cause people to instantly think negatively about you.

I tend to feel people act nice around me, I see people look at me, and I look back thinking, "hmm are they interested in me?" xD I feel so pretentious.
post #107 of 119 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 03:07 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
Yes,and it has always been a big problem for me. I go into to every situation thinking "no one will like me",and that causes me to feel like I need to protect myself and feeling defensive. That probably gives other people the feeling like I don't like them. It's a vicious circle that keeps going on and on,but I'm trying to do something about it.

It's not easy though because I'm so used to thinking and feeling like this.

post #108 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Doh
I don't have almost anything likable about me, so I don't see how I would be liked generally. My voice tends to get very high-pitched and squirrelly when talking in public, which must sound annoying as hell and on the other hand lately I've started noticing I've been unconsciously speaking out rudely more. It was only some ways in which I ended up replying to teachers, but I felt horribly self-conscious afterwards on how I must've come off.
post #109 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:47 PM
SAS Member

Language: Gibberish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Prunes View Post
Yep. I even get that with friends, but it's worse around strangers.

I definitely think it's partly true that we give off some kind of vibe, but I also think that it's a vicious circle and it begins with the initial, irrational feeling that we're unwanted which leads to the seemingly-unfriendly behaviour that gives off the aforementioned vibe, which causes people to react to us negatively, in turn reinforcing the initial anxiety.

In my case, my friends don't react to my anxious behaviour the same way strangers do, so the anxiety isn't reinforced and is more manageable, but around strangers, it can be pretty bad. It all depends on how they react, the vibe they give off (certain people are more likely to trigger the initial fear, I find) and the mood I'm in.

Of course speed, MDMA, a bit of weed, opiates, benzos and alcohol all prevent this from happening in the first place.
All at once!? lol

Bleh.
post #110 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:49 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Well make sure you're checking to see if your physical body is being taken care of.

Like hygiene. That can cause people to instantly think negatively about you.

I tend to feel people act nice around me, I see people look at me, and I look back thinking, "hmm are they interested in me?" xD I feel so pretentious.
Maybe you are just hot.

Bleh.
post #111 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:51 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimynamesT View Post
I spent the best years of my life doing drugs since I was sixteen I'm about to turn 21 next week. I always made more time to do drugs than to hold my friendships to gather and now I have developed social anxiety its always been there but now its got so out of hand nobody wants to know me. For the past 3 years I have struggled with social situations and the only person I felt comfortable with was a work mate. He left the job in January and I put that down to me talking to much about how I felt with life so that had a big impact on me I too. I now hardly ever speak to people about myself and I can tell they don't really want to know and that's were the paranoia from drugs comes into it because I felt like he was telling them everything anyway. I wish I had a time machine man what a mess I've got myself into haha. Do you guys see a way of ever coming out of this mindset for the past couple of months I've lost a lot of hope for my future and the only thing that's stopping me from doing something stupid is my sister and mother. Any advice guys and gals because anyone who actually knows me doesn't want to know me anymore.
Just think, if you weren't on drugs you might have just been bored and anxious the entire time, so no loss really.

Bleh.
post #112 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 11:20 PM
SAS Member

All day, every day pretty much. Feels like a stab in the heart every time your fears of being unliked are actually realized. Had some co-workers call me fat behind my back and simply avoid talking to me one time. I knew it was because I didn't smile enough and talk enough to them, I was just too anxious. Starved myself for the entire day that day due to feeling worthless.
post #113 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 11:23 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalrose View Post
All day, every day pretty much. Feels like a stab in the heart every time your fears of being unliked are actually realized. Had some co-workers call me fat behind my back and simply avoid talking to me one time. I knew it was because I didn't smile enough and talk enough to them, I was just too anxious. Starved myself for the entire day that day due to feeling worthless.
Sounds like your co-workers are a bunch of azzholes.

Bleh.
post #114 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Former Anxiety Sufferer

I felt nervous around most people so I wouldn't talk, and I heard several times people tell me they thought I was a snob or arrogant, when in reality I was uncomfortable making small talk.

Now I tell myself I can't control how others feel about me, it's 100% out of my control, some people will judge me based on their brief experience of me, but thats not who I really am. I try to put less importance on what others think of me.
post #115 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Permanently Banned

I already know I am not liked I don't need to think it.
post #116 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Greenmail

Its not a feeling, I can read facial expressions and micro expressions and tone of voice. Seeing a concieted or disguted microexpression + the hateful eyes the second I look at someone is the only evidence I need to attest to their character. Nothing wrong with me most of the time. I admit my past behaviour of avoidance has hurt others that did not deserve it ( few and far between) because I did not trust anyone. I have rejected plenty of people and I do not know how many of these people were geniune because I could not read facial expressions properly at the time. I admit that I rejected plenty of people under the proviso that I had social anxiety and that I am a hypocrite for suggesting that people should not reject me based on whatever problems they have. I can tell a lot of the time if someone has social anxiety now. Thats their choice if they want to avoid me, their loss. I will not persue any further because that will drag me down too. There are plenty of other friends that I can make. Thats why I just deal with it. I love myself and thats all that matters. I dont need to take rejection personally. Thats just life.
post #117 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 01:04 PM
SAS Member

Hey are u serious about the MDMA? I know recreational drugs are not encouraged but I am intrigued about its affects on SA
post #118 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 02:16 PM
~The Fun Has Arrived~

I really don't care if someone don't like me.
Its their problem. I know I didn't do anything to them for them to dislike me. I simply ignore them. Not everyone is going to like me.
post #119 of 119 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 02:30 PM
We all wear a mask.

I do get that feeling quite often. Whenever I make an effort to connect with people, online or irl, it usually fails and I just get a feeling that no one likes me. In actuality, I realized that they don't like or hate me; they just don't give a **** about me.

We haven't lived in anything remotely close to "real" since the turn of the century.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page