Been living as a shut in since 1999. - Page 29 - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #561 of 563 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roses6 View Post
Do you post online on other forums and make friends online? Wondering because you said that you weren't in touch with people in real life.
I hang out on other forums, talk about video games and stuff... but I don't have any friends online. I don't talk to anyone in aim/skype/msn or any other messaging programs. I don't communicate via email with anyone.

There was a girl I used to have a "online relationship" with a few years ago, but we parted ways after she moved on with her life. She used to have anxieties and depression, and we would chat (and even talk on the phone sometimes) to each other day in and day out, about whatever we could, and just comforted each other. I helped her with her confidence and she eventually moved oversea to start working as a teacher. But I won't take full credit on helping her. I'm sure it wasn't only me that got her through her problems. We wanted to meet face to face someday, but it never happened.

We were good friends for at least 6 or 7 years online. She said she liked me a lot, but I think it was hard for her to want to be with someone like me. So we just ended communication with each other.

Honestly, it was hard for me to sit down and have conversations with her. It always felt like a choir whenever she wanted to chat with me or talk on the phone. I enjoyed talking to her, but at the same time, I just wanted to be left alone. I'm more of a forum person rather than a live chat/phone person. I like the freedom of being able to post on a forum, and then go do whatever I wanted. Being in a chatroom/IM or on the phone is too demanding of my time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #562 of 563 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCyan View Post
Honestly, it was hard for me to sit down and have conversations with her. It always felt like a choir whenever she wanted to chat with me or talk on the phone. I enjoyed talking to her, but at the same time, I just wanted to be left alone. I'm more of a forum person rather than a live chat/phone person. I like the freedom of being able to post on a forum, and then go do whatever I wanted. Being in a chatroom/IM or on the phone is too demanding of my time.
It seems like you deem everything to demanding of your time. Honestly it seems like you have some serious self discipline issues. You dont want to change or do anything because it requires work that you are not willing to put in. So you have made yourself believe that this life is good enough for you but I think you know deep down thats not how you truly feel. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, dont be afraid of possibilities...disconnecting from change does not recapture the past, it loses the future.

I'm still fighting for peace...
post #563 of 563 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:54 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCyan View Post
Umm, this sounds way too familiar. It is kinda fun at start, but then you realize it is not what you are used to and feels unnatural. Also, "too demanding of my time" is exactly what i used to think, even though i had nothing meaningful to do anyway, its just that freedom of doing whatever i want (be it playing video-games, staring at the wall or whatever).
I am not sure why i am posting this, but there ya go.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page