Are you positive or negative regarding your own future? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

Language: English and a few others but not very fluent or so

Are you positive or negative regarding your own future?

In other words do you think in the end everything will work out for you? You will become independent, find a love life, find a job you like, enjoy company, find friends etc.

Do you still have fight and energy inside you? Or did you basically give up on life and personal growth and motivations. Have you accepted your faith or are you angered by it and keep fighting it?

It would be interesting if you added your age if you decide to answer this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 01:35 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
not in the way you mean. negative. positive about being able to deal with the negatives

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 01:48 PM
zkv
Problem Dog

It switches around so often and so fast I can't give a definitive answer to this. I'd say I have some fight in me, but I've gone through long depresive, self-destructive periods where I was like "**** me, **** everyone, let it all burn". I'm the least consistent person in the world I think.

I'm 27.

Flowers will grow from these wounds.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 02:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Negative in that it's going to suck no matter how much I try, it's just a matter of degrees of suckage. If I followed any realistic plan to turn things around and did so consistently for years, I'd still be suffering.

Positive in that I know for a fact that it's going to end at some point.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 02:34 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I'm 29 and I don't think anything will work out for me.

I have all the wrong traits for both my sexuality and life itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 07:01 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
I'm completely negative about my future. I have been since I was a teenager. But I've also never been apathetic about it. Everything I do is about trying to find some way to get out of my problems. Because of the particular problems I have, I don't think solving them is possible, so my subjective experience for the last 30+ years has been like a spider running around and around in a jar trying to escape. Sitting back and letting entropy take over probably would have been a better strategy, but I don't know how to do that. And, if nothing else, I'll die knowing I did everything that I could. I'm 48 or something.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 07:14 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Idk. I get massive anxiety attacks during some nights due to school, but I'm figuring my way to get through it, no matter what. I'm positive I will end up 'somewhere', even if it's going to be a pain to get there.

As for the rest, well. Friends? Maybe. Depends on what you mean with that. I have some friends, and I usually make them fairly easy, but I'm bad at keeping them & being close.
As for relationships, I think I've gone downhill on that. I do get some people who get interested, and I don't think I'd have a problem finding someone to go out with.
That being said, I don't think I will ever marry or have a longer relationship, unless I do some heavy work on myself, because my personality does not go well with being around another person.

"If you need a safe space, see a therapist" - Jordan Peterson
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 10:48 PM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
Neutral. I think my life will stay the same, even when the evidence shows it crashing.

In general, throughout life, I've always found the positives in negative situations and the negatives in positive situations. Every cloud has a silver lining and every sunny day causes skin cancer.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 11:13 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A

Are you positive or negative regarding your own future?

Negative mostly. My adult life sucks **** compared to when I was a kid.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 01:21 AM
Pesky Pessimist

<--------

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 03:22 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Somewhat Positive about my future but disgusted about my past. And the past does effect your future.

43 years young
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 04:08 AM
bipolar

It varies enormously with me and will depend when I'm asked. My mood changes a lot. I would say I'm naturally optimistic but I also have black periods when everything seems very bleak indeed.

I'm almost 62 - and I've already had most of the things you mentioned. With the possible exception of a job I actually liked.

In some ways the way I've lived in the past frightens me - and I don't want to do those things again. If I keep taking this medication that's probably unlikely - also I seem to be more aware of the changes in my mood now.

I sort of waver between abject terror (usually at around 4am but it can also happen during the day as well) and a vague sort of resigned acceptance of my situation. I have a few people that care about me and the ability to go wherever I want to when I get a bit older and stay there for an extended period of time. Which I'll most likely do - most likely somewhere warm like Thailand.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 07:16 AM
SAS Member

At this very moment? Super negative. I'm 'laying in bed, in my underwear, eating ****ty food, watching youtube, don't want to move for a year' kind of depressed.

But in general, I'm pretty neutral with the slightest of the slight positive bent. I've been in therapy for a bit. I know with a fair amount of effort I am able to shift quite a lot of my beliefs and some of my behaviors. Sometimes it feels worth the effort, sometimes it really ****ing doesn't. Some days are better than others. Overall my life is on an upward trajectory but I'm also in a place of just... Idk.. acceptance that life is what it is and I'll make it through things and make the best of it. Celebrate my victories, be compassionate with my struggles. Generally focus on goals that satisfy me instead of rando **** I'm 'supposed' to do to 'validate' myself. I'm here and I'm alive. Idk if there's anything more to do than just take it one day at a time.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 08:00 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
I try my best not to dwell on the negative aspects of life, there certainly are enough of them to preoccupy my time with if I let myself do so. I find that it is completely pointless to do so, at least for me it is. I try to remain positive because of that, I try to look at the good things in life and in general it works.

I hate it when I am stuck in a funk, and can't get out of it no matter how hard I try. Even then, I try not to feed into the negativity, it does no good for me to do so. I might feel negative, and full of anxiety but I fight it, because the alternative is misery.

I think it is kind of important to make a note that there are different kinds of negative outlooks to, there are some that are rebellious and feel good, then there is the negative outlook that drains you of all energy, creativity, removes all sense of hope, and it hurts horribly. I think the rebellious kind of negativity is at times, enjoyable, it gives one purpose and stirs creativity, it actually can feel good. The people who embrace this sort of negativity often take pride in it. The ones who are feeling hopeless, and hurting probably would do just about anything to get away from it though.

I have the fight in me, I have to in order to survive.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 08:29 AM
macaroni in a pot

Pretty negative usually. I hope for things to be better but very much doubt it will. I think that mindset alone is what causes a lot of my misery in life. I really want to force myself to be positive and make good changes in my life. But I'm lazy/depressed, idk.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 01:54 PM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
I dont really know tbh. I'm just kinda meh about the whole thing. I don't know which way it will go. Just rolling with it. I'm 28

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 03:26 PM
Fupa King

I just take it all as it comes and hope I can handle it well when it does.

Life's Wack
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2020, 04:10 PM
😷

My Mood: Angelic
Being positive is setting yourself up for failure, be negative & you're never disappointed.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2020, 02:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
At the moment during a pandemic, pretty negative to be honest. Don't get me wrong I'm in a lot better positions than some people, I still have a full time job, earning relatively well and haven't been furloughed at all.

My problem is I was preparing to move on careerwise and had some great options on the table, then when the pandemic hit, things seemed to grind to a halt much like most of the world! I'm hoping for the best even though things don't seem great at the moment, but I'll take my blessings where I can.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

6/10 on the positive direction. It's a ****ing battle though, not gonna lie.

I make progress, and the universe seems intent on dragging me back.

Atm, I feel I just cant connect with people. This year I went on a couple of dates, somehow, even with lockdown, and they went well enough, but nothing quite clicks and the negativity begins to creep in. Same with employment stuff. Perform well in interviews, 3 degrees, can't land a job.

The sting of underachievement is immense.

I am most pessimistic with women, tbh. I seem to be a bunch of traits on the far edges of the normal distribution curve. That makes it very hard for me to connect in any meaningful way with anyone, that and, ofc, I just seem to scare people off for reasons I don't understand. /shrug.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page