Anyone here isolated themselves for a longer period of time? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
What is this even

Anyone here isolated themselves for a longer period of time?

(Hope this is the right forum section for this thread)
So because of my SA (actually more Social Phobia, don't know the real differentiation here, i guess SP is more severe for one thing) and subsequent self-initiated isolation, i "lost" quite some time in social and other matters. After reading through this forum a little, i think many of you are able to relate. Of course this is another factor that destructively affects the way i deal in social situations. (and also professional of course, because of the gap in my curriculum vitae)
In essence, i can't shake off the thought that i'm a loser, because people in my age group have generally accomplished way more than me at this point. (Beginning stages of studying, or working already- I'm from Germany btw)
It would be nice to hear some advice from you guys, if you're in the same situation as me, or have dealt with the same situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM
I like turtles

I too used to have one big gap on my CV, anxiety ensured that for me.

I guess the key word here is "acceptance".

Accept you can't change the past, accept you are not everyone else, accept you want a better life.

It won't be easy, but the rest will come.

Hope it helps

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page