anyone feel like they are a burden to their family? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

anyone feel like they are a burden to their family?

For those who are an only child, whom maybe the parents might depend on to bring honor or prestige or maybe just another source of income to the family, do you feel really pressured in helping out the family financially but you can't because of your SA?

I currently live with my uncle but due to my being in and out of jobs, and not being able to hold down a job for a long term, I haven't been able to make rent. I'm basically just another mouth to feed and I know he's got parents and brothers that he wants to help out in the home country who are poor. I fee like ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 AM
SAS Member

Well fortunately I have a job and I can afford my stuff but I understand what you're saying. If I didn't have the job I would have felt like **** too because my parents depend on me to some extent since my father is old now, my mum never did a job and they have nothing saved.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page