anyone else recognizes these symptoms?, what are your symptoms? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Dutch Latino

anyone else recognizes these symptoms?, what are your symptoms?

hey i have been having some symptoms and i was wondering if someone else also has these and if they have found of a way to get rid of them or at least supress them, or if you guys/girls have different one's just share them

Oke here we go!.

One of the symptoms i get is when i am sitting in the bus and suddenly i think that i am near my college, my hart suddenly skips a beat, without a reason i feel this extreme kind of fear (like if i was going down on a rollercoaster) and that fear lasts for maybe 5-10 seconds before i feel normal again.

another one i get very RARELY is when someone without me expecting it asks me something like a cigarette, while i feel totally comfortable and relaxed my hand is shaking so much it becomes impossible to grab a cigarette from the box (my hand would be shaking as if someone would be holding a gun to my head)

and the last one i have is when i go to pay at the cash register, the weird thing is i am not anxious with everyone but just certain people with certain position and some women for some reason, let me explain.

for example i go to a grocery store, i need to get a special kind of bread so without feeling anxious or sweating i can ask the lady or guy at the bread section what i want with no problem! or even ask something else at a random person , BUT as soon as i get to the cash register area and i have to talk to the person there, i start to sweat like a madman, but i would still feel relaxed, and comfortable with myself, sometimes even having some small talk or even a joke if i feel good, my body language would still be like if i am hanging out, but the thing is it gets kind of awkward since i live in Miami and the AC is turned so that it feels like you are in Antarctica yet you can see the sweat on my forehead and i start to get all hot (in a negative way lol)

this in turn makes me to feel very self conscious since everyone is like oh damn its cold in here, and i would be like yeah... while i wipe away some sweat accumulated on my forehead haha (sounds stupid doesn't it)

so does anyone recognize these?, do you have your own things?. share them!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 PM
User Requested Permanent Ban

yes. everything you described is similiar to what i experience and i believe many others who have anxiety. my hand shakes a lot when I am nervous. i get racy heart feelings whenever I go somewhere with a lot of people. these things separate us from normal people. anxiety is a mental disorder and I believe the only thing we can do is treat it with medication.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Dutch Latino

hmm so what kind of medication do you take?, and if so what are the side effects of that medication?.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Same for me, especially with the "specific situation" anxiety. I feel normal in some situations and with some people, but not in others.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover latino View Post
hmm so what kind of medication do you take?, and if so what are the side effects of that medication?.
when i took xanax i didn't have any symptoms...i am not currently prescribed to it though. only side effect is def some memory loss.

i think therapy would work too. sometimes the feelings aren't easy to think through.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover latino View Post
I take Remeron and Klonopin. I just started Remeron, so I can't say if it's any good yet.

Klonopin definitely works very well. It takes a long time to kick in, but when it does it feels like everything just slows down and your mind stops racing and a calmness takes over. The only negative effects I have noticed is memory loss and spacing out.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Dutch Latino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundAndLost View Post
Same for me, especially with the "specific situation" anxiety. I feel normal in some situations and with some people, but not in others.
that is weird right?, because one would think that the situation is the same in some terms.. yet your body and or mind react to it as if it is dangerous/different.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I take Remeron and Klonopin. I just started Remeron, so I can't say if it's any good yet.

Klonopin definitely works very well. It takes a long time to kick in, but when it does it feels like everything just slows down and your mind stops racing and a calmness takes over. The only negative effects I have noticed is memory loss and spacing out.
Klonopin is a very strong benzo. I took it once and I don't like it for the fact that I am not as functional.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsta99 View Post
Klonopin is a very strong benzo. I took it once and I don't like it for the fact that I am not as functional.
I haven't noticed any lack of function from it. It also doesn't feel that strong, I just get a calmness that slowly comes on and then wears off near the end of the day. I've taken 4mg at once before and I was still able to function perfectly fine.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Dutch Latino

hmm yeah i am not sure about taking meds, since i really don't want to zone out during the day and i really want to be able to be my self without the need of other things, but thats just my opinion.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I haven't noticed any lack of function from it. It also doesn't feel that strong, I just get a calmness that slowly comes on and then wears off near the end of the day. I've taken 4mg at once before and I was still able to function perfectly fine.
wow. i take 1mg and i feel drugged. i seriously can't take more than that. i think 1mg xanax would be perfect if i could get a prescription...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Somewhere, I guess

I don't have anything nearly as severe as OP, but as soon as I try to engage myself in a conversation with someone my mind goes totally blank and the only thing that can come out of my mouth is a reiteration of something the other person said or just "yeah". If everything goes terribly then I hold it in til I get home and either dwell on it or have an emotional breakdown eventually. Another thing that happens to me is I'll get incredibly conscious of my posture and no matter what I do I can't get comfortable, and then I get anxious because I feel like people notice that I can't get comfy
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
wow. i take 1mg and i feel drugged. i seriously can't take more than that. i think 1mg xanax would be perfect if i could get a prescription...
I've heard a lot of people on here saying they can't get medication. I've never had that problem, my doc just gives me whatever I ask for. As a matter of fact when I went yesterday, he offered to increase my prescription for klonopin. I get 120 0.5mg tablets a month now instead of 60. I only take it about twice a week so the klonopin just piles up, but I fill the prescription anyway, because my copay is the same, whether I am receiving 10 pills or 200 pills.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaeta0 View Post
I don't have anything nearly as severe as OP, but as soon as I try to engage myself in a conversation with someone my mind goes totally blank and the only thing that can come out of my mouth is a reiteration of something the other person said or just "yeah". If everything goes terribly then I hold it in til I get home and either dwell on it or have an emotional breakdown eventually. Another thing that happens to me is I'll get incredibly conscious of my posture and no matter what I do I can't get comfortable, and then I get anxious because I feel like people notice that I can't get comfy
you think that is more of a social behavior? i think that is definitely something you can change. for the whole blanking thing, i had that too. what i do about it is i think about what i am going to say the day before. i know it might sound weird, but when you get comfortable doing it you won't feel as nervous and it comes out better. this could apply for something as stupid as a social situation.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I've heard a lot of people on here saying they can't get medication. I've never had that problem, my doc just gives me whatever I ask for.
it definitely could be your location. i think here it is harder to get prescribed medication because of the amount of abuse.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Somewhere, I guess

Quote:
you think that is more of a social behavior? i think that is definitely something you can change. for the whole blanking thing, i had that too. what i do about it is i think about what i am going to say the day before. i know it might sound weird, but when you get comfortable doing it you won't feel as nervous and it comes out better. this could apply for something as stupid as a social situation.
It very well could be! That's what my counselor suggested to me but after I get out whatever I had planned to say I'm still left with no idea how to carry the conversation. When I'm alone the thoughts flow completely normally, but when people are involved I just become totally blank minded. I don't know, there could be an easy solution that I'm not even seeing but it feels like a barrier of diamond stopping my thoughts
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
I noticed absolutely NOTHING when I was on Klonopin, not even when I quit cold turkey...it perplexes me how many people on the forum got something beneficial from it yet I felt nothing.

(Sorry for the offtopic post.)

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
I noticed absolutely NOTHING when I was on Klonopin, not even when I quit cold turkey...it perplexes me how many people on the forum got something beneficial from it yet I felt nothing.

(Sorry for the offtopic post.)
I've heard some people on here say that benzos have no effect on them either. How much did you take?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Dutch Latino

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaeta0 View Post
i think you were thinking to hard, and sometimes you blame yourself for not being able to say anything, but you also have to remember a conversation is a two way thing and also sometimes it just doesn't click.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 03:53 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
I've heard some people on here say that benzos have no effect on them either. How much did you take?
I can't recall by now, though I know I was on it for quite a while and when I mentioned it wasn't helping they never suggested raising the dose. :/

I dunno, sometimes I think there's something in my physiology that just nullifies almost all meds...I don't even get any benefits or notice any difference from painkillers. I realize it's silly, but I never seem to notice anything from ANY meds (except weight gain and apathy from SSRIs and a hand tremor from Wellbutrin).

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page