anxiety techniques - Page 12 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #221 of 402 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 AM
livet är meningslöst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hJSXDVaRag
This guy is really inspiring. I will try to follow his words and expose myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 402 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 PM
SAS Member

some tips for anxiety and sleep loss

Dear friends,

Now the lifepace is so high so many people are trapped in the bad circle of bad healthy situation, like sleep problem or bad mood.

Now we can offer you some raw material Noopept and phenibut that are the original material for those effective drugs.

Any one can contact me if he has interest
My email:[email protected]

Judywater
post #223 of 402 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 PM
SAS Member

Holy **** please make that into a pdf! That is probably all the reading ill have to do to straighten up my life! now if i just had the motivation...

post #224 of 402 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by judywater View Post
Dear friends,

Now the lifepace is so high so many people are trapped in the bad circle of bad healthy situation, like sleep problem or bad mood.

Now we can offer you some raw material Noopept and phenibut that are the original material for those effective drugs.

Any one can contact me if he has interest
My email:[email protected]

Judywater
How dare you advertise on this wonderful forum...No one believes you so leave!

Im going to see if they will give me a sample and then we will find out if they are a fraud...I will report back
post #225 of 402 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniferumPapi View Post
How dare you advertise on this wonderful forum...No one believes you so leave!

Im going to see if they will give me a sample and then we will find out if they are a fraud...I will report back
BTW im NOT advertising...I just want to try these samples for myself
post #226 of 402 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Holy **** please make that into a pdf! That is probably all the reading ill have to do to straighten up my life! now if i just had the motivation...
Effort comes before motivation.

When you feel vulnerable and your psychological defenses are failing the best defense mechanism is to be more trusting.
post #227 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimity View Post
Effort comes before motivation.
By that do you mean, pushing yourself brings on the motivation later? I think those words are in the same category
post #228 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
By that do you mean, pushing yourself brings on the motivation later? I think those words are in the same category
You feel like not doing anything now because of some unconscious reasons. But if you push through that stage and once you start doing something and start to see progress then your energy and motivation picks up. I remember when I'd get projects to do at school, I couldn't be bothered doing them and when I started them I began procrastinating until I finally pushed myself to start. After I started getting the work done I felt like finishing the thing.

I know how you felt when you read all that info. Looks real good, like it gives you hope that things can change. But then the thought of actually doing something (other than reading how to get better) makes you probably think "screw this". Gotta push through that state of mind. You will see progress after months of persistent effort. You'll experience set backs and failure, but that's all part of it. There is no quick fix for sa (apart from pills/booze).

When you feel vulnerable and your psychological defenses are failing the best defense mechanism is to be more trusting.
post #229 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Simon Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimity View Post
You feel like not doing anything now because of some unconscious reasons. But if you push through that stage and once you start doing something and start to see progress then your energy and motivation picks up. I remember when I'd get projects to do at school, I couldn't be bothered doing them and when I started them I began procrastinating until I finally pushed myself to start. After I started getting the work done I felt like finishing the thing.
Nice to hear someone describe the same problem that's been the worst problem plaguing me for some time.

I'm in a monotonous, depressed mess. Problem is, while there are things I have to do... I always feel paralyzed by anxiety, indecision and confusion whenever I feel I want to do them.
You want to do things and you're depressed because you're not doing them... but every time you think about doing them or try to do them... all you can think about is depressing ideas and anxiety.

Definitely, getting things done leads to a certain momentum that makes it easier to get other things done.

"Choose not to be harmed – and you won’t feel harmed.
Don’t feel harmed – and you haven’t been."
- Marcus Aurelius
post #230 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 AM
SAS Member

spiritual root cause of anxiety

Dear All,

I will like to share that anxiety has a spiritual root cause. I read an article at the spiritual science research foundation which explains the causes of anxiety and how to overcome anxiety, they also have case studies on various causes for example from one or two of their studies. for those interested you can go to their website or to their link

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundati...omming-anxiety

good luck http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/articles/id/case-study/overcomming-anxiety
post #231 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM
SAS Member

Something that has worked for me many times: hold my breath for 1 minute and then breath deep for the next 20 seconds. Try it
post #232 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMZ27 View Post
Something that has worked for me many times: hold my breath for 1 minute and then breath deep for the next 20 seconds. Try it
Breathe
post #233 of 402 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
SAS Member

It's the little things...

I recently read a book that helped me a lot with my depression. I think the main point of it was really helpful. That the sufferer should first and foremost seek help and then take an active approach to make sure that they are healing along with finding a partner to help them on their journey. Also, it kind of opened my eyes to the different foods that can really worsen people's depression because of the different chemicals in the foods and how they can affect you. I know it doesn't seem like it but what I've discovered is that the little things all add up and can have a big impact on the way you feel. Feel better! The name of the book was 'you can cure your depression' by the way.
post #234 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
SAS Member

There is so much great info in this thread. This is the best thread on the SAS website. Yet so many people come here everyday and skip over it only to post about how ugly they think they are or how much society sucks. Blows my mind.
post #235 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4 View Post
This is the best thread on the SAS website.
It depends. If you are looking for info to only treat the symptoms of social anxiety, then this may very well be the best on the SAS website.

However, if you are looking for info that explains the actual cause of social anxiety for most people - and also explains what to do about it by healing it at its core root (and not just treat the symptoms) - then I suggest the thread link at the very bottom of my post is the most important thread on the SAS website.

Lifetimer

"Shyness can be a serious problem when it is rooted in toxic shame." - John Bradshaw, toxic shame expert

Visit this thread link to find out the cause of SA for most of us and what to do about it: http://bit.ly/UeWprg
post #236 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 AM
SAS Member

Dr to find fast

Hi everyone i live in portland oregon, i was seeing a Dr and he was giving me klonopin for about 3 yrs, he just now decided he didnt want me to take them any more, I was taking them for stress and petit-mal siezures. any way i was so shocked, why would a Dr do this, i need to find one quick befor mine run all the way out. do i call A D.O? are they easy to get medication from? i am so affraid stopping this drug cold turkey will give me a siezure for sure, what should i Do? i need help fast, i tried the online drug stores and they take so long and are so much money to get them without a prescription, any advice, anyone see a Dr in portland oregon that is nice and you wouldnt mind giving me his/her name? thank you
post #237 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM
SAS Member

Thanks so much for this post!

I haven't read it all, which I will later, but your advice has already made me think differently.
post #238 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 AM
SAS Member

According to my opinion anxiety and other kinds of fear all starts from our internal body and mind, its just nothing but the way in which our mind works, it's my belief that everyone can overcome from this kind of problems if decided once, by using various different ways. For more you can watch this video may you get the solution of your problem:
how to be confident
post #239 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 AM
SAS Member

Dude, your "deactivate the critic" dialogues had me genuinely laughing. Such good stuff. Thank you!
post #240 of 402 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
SAS Member

i liked what what this guy had to say about SA...good techniques
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJNq3K9G5sA

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page