Anxiety about schoolwork - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Bored

Anxiety about schoolwork

I have a fear that all my schoolwork is going to be wrong so I don't do it. I sit down in front of my computer to do my work and then I get all anxious of how much work I have to do and feel like I am going to do it wrong so I end up not handing in anything. (Plus I have no motivation to do any work bc depression). Anyone else relate?

If you think this is the end, then its not the end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:54 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
I used to do that. I'd sit there, overwhelmed, not knowing where to start, or unsure of how to do the work... What helps is going into what I call ***** it mode & just starting... Just making that first attempt will get the ball rolling, hopefully easing some anxiety in the process. Also, Google is Goddess, if you need help with something!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxietyandfear View Post
I have a fear that all my schoolwork is going to be wrong so I don't do it. I sit down in front of my computer to do my work and then I get all anxious of how much work I have to do and feel like I am going to do it wrong so I end up not handing in anything. (Plus I have no motivation to do any work bc depression). Anyone else relate?

Not doing your schoolwork is going to add even more anxiety to your life. Long term anxiety. I'd say a good source of motivation would be to avoid that anxiety and the only way to do that is to hand in your work.

Try listening to music while you do schoolwork. Even if you don't enjoy it, the music will get you through it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page