Am I asking too much? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Question

Am I asking too much?

I have Avoidant personality disorder and spend most of the time in my room.

My neighbors had some arguments with my mother and talked and about me. Like I always stay at home.,.

I'm depressed and I want to live alone in some other country.

Can anyone of you give me a job in the U.S? I just want to live a normal life like you.

I can work more than 10 hours a day and will you loyal to you till my life. I don't want any salary, I just want to fulfill you all the expanse I cause you for giving me the job.

I don't want any money, I just want to work for you and live my life like everyone else. I want to work for you as much I can for helping me. I will be profitable for you as a worker.

I'm begging you.

I also what to ask you, Is this question wrong?

I asked this because I can be happy and also make my employer happy financially (the amount he spends on my recruitment and more). I just don't want to get live the rest of my life in my room!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 10:23 AM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
I can't help you with your request, and I doubt anyone can, but you should just be aware that 1. you can't make it in the US working for no salary, unless you have somebody completely paying your way for you; and 2. many in the US are not living a normal life right now due to the pandemic, the economy, and governmental issues, and we won't be living normal lives for quite a while. :/

I was going to try to post a bit of motivational advice here but honestly, I have none, I'm in a bad place myself, and I doubt you'd want to hear it anyway.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post
I can't help you with your request, and I doubt anyone can, but you should just be aware that 1. you can't make it in the US working for no salary, unless you have somebody completely paying your way for you; and 2. many in the US are not living a normal life right now due to the pandemic, the economy, and governmental issues, and we won't be living normal lives for quite a while. :/

I was going to try to post a bit of motivational advice here but honestly, I have none, I'm in a bad place myself, and I doubt you'd want to hear it anyway.
I'm a minimalist (I don't even eat that much, not a big spender on clothing, but I do need a roof over my head).

I do know many people have lost their jobs but I hope it will be alright in a year.

I'm a good listener than a speaker)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 03:44 PM
nm jc

You sound like you need welfare, not a job until you get your head right.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
You sound like you need welfare, not a job until you get your head right.
No, I don't want any welfare! I can work really hard...

But not sure the work I do will cover my expenses for living.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 08:14 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manooffewwords View Post
I have Avoidant personality disorder and spend most of the time in my room.

My neighbors had some arguments with my mother and talked and about me. Like I always stay at home.,.

I'm depressed and I want to live alone in some other country.

Can anyone of you give me a job in the U.S? I just want to live a normal life like you.

I can work more than 10 hours a day and will you loyal to you till my life. I don't want any salary, I just want to fulfill you all the expanse I cause you for giving me the job.

I don't want any money, I just want to work for you and live my life like everyone else. I want to work for you as much I can for helping me. I will be profitable for you as a worker.

I'm begging you.

I also what to ask you, Is this question wrong?

I asked this because I can be happy and also make my employer happy financially (the amount he spends on my recruitment and more). I just don't want to get live the rest of my life in my room!
What country are you located? No jobs there?

Coming to the US is a great idea but your going to have get your immigrations status correct. Like the visa that you may need or apply for citizenship. Its expensive to live here so you will need a job where they pay you. Have to be careful of being taken advantage of as well. People will try to not pay you or force you to do things that are illegal. People take advantage of people who newly arrive in this country
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
What country are you located? No jobs there?

Coming to the US is a great idea but your going to have get your immigrations status correct. Like the visa that you may need or apply for citizenship. Its expensive to live here so you will need a job where they pay you. Have to be careful of being taken advantage of as well. People will try to not pay you or force you to do things that are illegal. People take advantage of people who newly arrive in this country
I'm from India. I didn't complete my Engineering degree.

I may get jobs like Manual labor with little salary. But it is looked down upon in India. Also, I'm so shy to do it here. I really get nervous when people looking at me and might do mistakes - https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...es-of-2021649/

I feel I can do such works for people of different ethnic groups. And they would be more friendly. It is ok if they don't pay me any salary until the visa costs are covered.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 07:29 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Normal life like them? , Who here is living a normal life? and there's nothing normal going on in America or here in Canada right now. We have this thing around the world called a Pandemic. You've come to the wrong place if you expect normal. We're all unique but not normal. Anyways no one's going to let you live with them or work in the US or even here at this time. Where would you live? who's going to support you, no one's going to be responsible for you.

I m afraid of not being enough
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Normal life like them? , Who here is living a normal life? and there's nothing normal going on in America or here in Canada right now. We have this thing around the world called a Pandemic. You've come to the wrong place if you expect normal. We're all unique but not normal. Anyways no one's going to let you live with them or work in the US or even here at this time. Where would you live? who's going to support you, no one's going to be responsible for you.
I meant after a year or 2. Can't I support myself with a salary?

So, you don't like the idea of me immigrating to the U.S or Canada?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 01:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manooffewwords View Post
I meant after a year or 2. Can't I support myself with a salary?

So, you don't like the idea of me immigrating to the U.S or Canada?
Didn't say that. My family are immigrants. No you can immigrate anywhere you want. Depends on what happens in 2 years. No just found it strange you're looking for people to sponsor you on here. Do you have any family or anyone you know living in The US or Canada who can help you?

I m afraid of not being enough
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Didn't say that. My family are immigrants. No you can immigrate anywhere you want. Depends on what happens in 2 years. No just found it strange you're looking for people to sponsor you on here. Do you have any family or anyone you know living in The US or Canada who can help you?
No, I don't have anyone I know living in the U.S. or Canada
I have some online friends from the U.S whom I chat occasionally for years. But they don't know I have Social Phobia or like to move to the U.S. Some of them seem to don't like immigration that much. So, I don't dare to tell them.

Sorry, I just don't know where to ask this question. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it.

Also, getting a passport and travel on the airplane is a big thing for me to do. I might even not brave enough to do it. So, this might not even be going to happen. I just hope it would be nice if I can try.

But this question just pops out of my head whenever people here ask why I don't go to any work and why I'm spending all my in my home. Also, many of my classmates are started to getting married.

People around my home are already started talking I'm gay or mad.

Also, my father is getting old. And he can die anytime. I can't do a funeral, I can't handle the people. I want to move out before it happens. I often feel panic about handling the situation. This is the main reason why I want to move quickly.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 04:56 PM
bipolar

I can understand why you'd want to move to a more wealthy country OP - but I doubt your social anxiety would be much different there. The problems you're facing now with avoidance/anxiety will be with you no matter where you move to. (unfortunately)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page