Alcohol - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Alcohol

Anyone else find that anxiety gets worse in the days after a night out? This has been the case for me lately and it sucks as going out on the drink is one of the only times I can interact well with others..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM
SAS Member

Yes i really get strong panick attacks whenever i drink too much. That's why i quit drinking.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
SAS Member

Hhhmm, thinking about it i drank more over the weekend than normal....and today i felt particularly anxious.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I know the feeling. Thought my head was going to explode at work today... Maybe it's time to knock it on the head.

The problem with that though is finding something to do at the weekend.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 PM
SAS Member

I don't know. It really helped me talk to people. Now i m really boring...I don t go to parties anymore.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 PM
SAS Member

I don't have any after effects n'or I feel more sensitive, just hangover lol...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

Yes exactly. I drink occasionally and feel able to talk to people about anything and then the next morning feel terrible about what happened even though nothing bad happened. Only good things happen usually when everyone's drunk, but the day after i think of what everyone's thinking and how i've embarrassed myself, that's the usual sh*t.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM
SAS Member

not really. for me drinking lowers inhibition some but doesn't help with the awkward much. and it takes a lot.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Stranger

Yes, I often do. The only time I do not, is after nights when I was also smoking marijuana.

I think it is the body going through detoxification, literally changing our brain chemistry. Dehydration is another major factor.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM
SAS Member

There is a dirty feeling afterwards. It is hard to describe. It's like you're sure you embarrassed yourself but you're not exactly sure what you did that was embarrassing.

Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you. - Klaatu
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Stranger

I do not get the "dirty" feeling associated with embarrassing myself, I can handle my own actions quite well. I do let my own emotions get the better of me, and this fact alone is why I should not go into certain public surroundings or go near a keyboard. I usually say or do things I regret, but whether they are immoral or seen negatively is open to interpretation. They are usually controversial.

I will not hesitate to tell someone off while intoxicated (if interrogated), and I seem to speak my mind more. I can dwell on these encounters for time after.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmag View Post
I do not get the "dirty" feeling associated with embarrassing myself, I can handle my own actions quite well. I do let my own emotions get the better of me, and this fact alone is why I should not go into certain public surroundings or go near a keyboard. I usually say or do things I regret, but whether they are immoral or seen negatively is open to interpretation. They are usually controversial.

I will not hesitate to tell someone off while intoxicated (if interrogated), and I seem to speak my mind more. I can dwell on these encounters for time after.
I think handling yourself and letting your emotions get the better of you go hand in hand. Part of handling yourself well is not letting your emotions get the better of you.

Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you. - Klaatu
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Stranger

Maybe, but when other people are rude to you, it is hard to say... Be rude.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Stranger

I do not jump up on tables and do not get kicked out of bars. This is what I was referring to. I do not cause fights, and I do not pick on people for no reason.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Stranger

I'll let you respect your opinion. I do get worked up very easily. Sorry. This is why I'm here. I thought I would share.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

It's not somuch that I'm thinking about embarrassing myself the night before...my body's reaction to a hangover just seems to be anxiety. It's to the point where I just can't find words, stutter and talk like a retard.

All fun and games though, eh?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
All Time Cute

ya it makes you feel happy and silly at first but then I get a huge panic attack.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 PM
SAS Member

I have chosen to taken time off drinking this year. I have however put conditions.. I can drink at weddings and engagement parties. And I had my first one last weekend. I remember being two drinks in and thinking, I would be having as much fun without the alcohol, and then I woke up the next day and thought, was it really worth it.

I would recommend taking some time away from the drink. Accepting that things will be a little bit harder socially, but do it anyway. You have the strength with or without the alcohol. Just push yourself.

--The past is only the future with the lights--
--I'm Beat but cant be Broken--
Under Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page