Advice?!: Aunts coming to visit and have to be a good host, ****! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Advice?!: Aunts coming to visit and have to be a good host, ****!

So my aunts are coming to visit next week and my mom will be at work for 2 of the days they will be here. Since I am use to being alone and not really cooking for anyone, except helping my mom make dinner, I am super nervous about being a good host. During the day we are cleaning out my grandma's things to help her move and I won't need to plan activities for the day. I am not use to having people around and I am really nervous about planning meals and being a host while my mom isn't around. I know this sounds silly but I really lack those skills. I know it isn't easy even for the average person but for me its like crazy difficult. What to do?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 AM
SAS Member

I know it is a lot of pressure. I would say the best thing to do is prepare in advance. Have some meals ready to bake such as lasagna you can freeze, make some brownies or something to have on hand for snacks. Make sure everything is clean and plenty of extra toilet paper in the bathroom. It wont be as bad as you think just get it all done and relax with the aunties
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylilly View Post
I know it is a lot of pressure. I would say the best thing to do is prepare in advance. Have some meals ready to bake such as lasagna you can freeze, make some brownies or something to have on hand for snacks. Make sure everything is clean and plenty of extra toilet paper in the bathroom. It wont be as bad as you think just get it all done and relax with the aunties
Thanks daylilly! that is a great idea! I will think of some ideas for breakfast and dinner. Planning is a safe bet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page