☁️ A dream about group classwork! ☁️ - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-24-2020, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
SAS member

Language: English, and hopefully fluent Japanese one day...
My Mood: Cool

☁️ A dream about group classwork! ☁️

I've been out of school for 5 years now but I still get dreams with a school setting!

In one dream, there was a huge classroom with clusters of desks. No rows and columns - just desks grouped together in fours or even tens!

The teacher told everyone to find a desk and to choose wisely since it may be permanent.

I found a seat next to someone I knew but then the teacher said he might force everyone to pick a new spot each time!

Maybe I ate too much protein before bed?

I'm a teleworker from home and NOTHING requires group work of any kind - it is a solo job. There may be some coordination of assignments if someone has to reassign their work due to a failing computer or scheduled absence but none of the collaboration you'd expect with social jobs.

Topic: What has been your experience with group work?

John 3:16 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2021, 12:54 AM
SAS Member

Language: Yes
Maybe mine is slightly different, but it's a common recurring dream I have of unpreparedness and letting myself or others down. These dreams keep on happening periodically:

* In group project activities, I did jack nothing toward the end of the project, and everyone was relying on my part or else the entire group fails. [Side note in real life, I started out strong in a college team project but then faded over time, and a couple of my project partners called me out and I took it to heart even until now as a someone they considered to be a failure component of their team. They really gave me the scolding of a lifetime beyond nightmares.]

* I didn't do any homework for the entire semester and went to to final exam passing only if I ace the exam.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Failure's Art

I get these kind of dreams too! I always have this recurring dream that its like halfway though the semester and somehow there was this class I forgot I was taking and now I'm way behind and there is all this work I have to make up and I have to beg the prof to let me take the exams that I've missed. It's so weird. I'm always in a panic in this dream and trying to figure out how the hell I forgot I had this class.

I also have another one where somehow my college determines that it made a mistake in admitting me because I was missing some class credits in HS and as a result they rescind my degree which then causes my company to fire me lol. I then have to go back to HS and take classes there so that my college will reinstate my degree and I can get my job back. In the dream I'm in my actual HS taking classes again haha. I have this one all the time too for some reason.

You live up in your head
Scared of every little noise
Someone's always breaking in accidentally
Using nothing but their voice

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2021, 02:40 PM
SAS Member

I had a dream once where I had to go back to kindergarten. As an adult. I couldn't even fit into the little chairs xD
(This was during a time in my life when I was six years into my so-called four-year college degree, so I guess my subconscious brain was feeling like I was going to be in school forever or something lol)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2021, 03:19 PM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
I only get the nightmares where I'm flunking out and doomed for life and have to take the final without knowing the subject. I'm glad I don't get group classwork nightmares.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page