$1000000 or a lifelong mate - Page 4 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Planet

My Mood: Crappy
Money.Use it to get my **** together and find a mate the way you're supposed to find a mate, not have it granted to me.

JUST DO IT, ******
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 04:27 PM
ugly ****

ofc i'd take the money, i dont belive **** like soulmate cuz im too ugly for that - love is only for good looking people

[FONT=Arial]
post #63 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuni View Post
Lifelong mate without question. I think I'll be able to live on a regular income alright, and I'm not someone who needs a lot of material things. I actually struggle every year now for what to tell my parents what to get me for Christmas or birthdays. I just spend money on food really. I would trade going out to restaurants and stuff for the love of my life though.

$1 million can be blown instantly. A soulmate can give you lasting memories and joy far beyond that.

I really don't want to live alone anyway. It seems so scary facing the world and responsibilities, even completely paid for, alone. Even if I had servants doing everything, I'd still need someone to be close to all the time.
How can you ever feel happy knowing that your "love" what you base your relationship on is a genie who *granted* you this person? Do you really believe that human relationships (all kinds) are as simple and platonic as that? That you can just manipulate them through some genie? A fake soulmate granted to you for memories that were never real, and why? How is this any good to you? Is this just your own loneliness talking or do you just feel that way?

JUST DO IT, ******

post #64 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 04:50 PM
SAS Member

I'd take the lifelong mate. I value having a relationship and the feelings associated with that more than material things.

Hang on for tomorrow, because tomorrow is another day, and it may not be the best, but at least it's not today.
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by George McFly View Post
That's not the scenario available:
Yeah, didn't read OP's post before I had made my reply.But can I opt out of both? A fake relationship or a miserable 1M, there is nothing good about either of those.

JUST DO IT, ******
post #66 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 05:20 PM
SAS Member

The working world causes far more stress and anxiety for me than worrying about romance , so I would choose the money without hesitation. It's not even about having material things, having to deal with a miserable job while having severe anxiety just makes it nearly impossible for me to enjoy anything else in life anyway. Maybe when I was a kid, and was still under the illusion that love is all you need, I would have chosen a mate. But if a mate was granted to you, it wouldn't really feel authentic anyway, nor would having a mate guarantee happiness.
post #67 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 05:31 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladDays View Post
How can you ever feel happy knowing that your "love" what you base your relationship on is a genie who *granted* you this person? Do you really believe that human relationships (all kinds) are as simple and platonic as that? That you can just manipulate them through some genie? A fake soulmate granted to you for memories that were never real, and why? How is this any good to you? Is this just your own loneliness talking or do you just feel that way?

I didn't read it as being a "fake" relationship - just that you would meet your best match among the millions of people out there.
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Joe
Permanently Banned

1 million isn't enough to live a life on, so i guess il take the mate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page