Stopped seeing friends/making effort - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Lonely

Stopped seeing friends/making effort

I used to try very hard to make friends and maintain friendships. I must say I did pretty well for an introvert. For several years I actually had many friends and did fun stuff together. Then I graduated and realized many of my friends were just there cause we went to the same school.. which really disappointed me.

I thought all my effort won't matter so I gave up making and maintaining friendships. I was only left in my life with one bestfriend (that I've known since I was and one other friends from college I saw not really often. All my other friends.. like 6 people from college just left. Stopped talking.

I also got a boyfriend and then things got worse.. I also stopped seeing the 2 friends I had left and that ended up in not seeing any friends anymore. Only rarely. I live with my boyfriend and one person around me can be even too much sometimes. I literally don't even want to hangout with friends anymore, cause it's so much effort for me. I had to push myself to see my only 2 friends left, but that took me a long time to actually make plans.

Idk anymore.. I kinda want a social life, but it's also too much for me. I started liking being alone, but I also know it's not always healthy... Should I put more effort on making/seeing/maintaining friends... and probably get disappointed again when they leave... or just do nothing and go with my natural loner flow..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:16 AM
I am average!

Maybe a combination? You dont have to hangout with someone everyday but you dont have to be alone every day either. People don't require the same amount of social interaction. Some people are social 7 days a week, but I am aiming more for 3 or 2 so that I have time to do things for myself.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page