No friends since 2012 - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 7

No friends since 2012


Can anyone relate to this?


I haven't seen / spoken to / texted a friend since 2012.


I am beyond lonely...
fluffyblackcat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 06:17 PM
SAS Member
 
Gorecki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Posts: 11
I have no close friends since around the age of 12.
I think that to get a friend by now would just be weird, I wouldn't even know how to behave.
Gorecki is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 03:10 PM
SAS Member
 
ImaIzzy150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Gender: Female
Posts: 7
I haven't had a real friend my entire life so you're a lot better off than me.

Hope is the only thing stronger than fear
ImaIzzy150 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 10:51 PM
slave
 
Perkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Female
Age: 30
Posts: 4,269
I have no friends either. The closest I have to friends that isn't my boyfriend is an online friend I've known for years. We talk weekly. But as far as real life goes, forget it. I wouldn't mind having someone to hang out with ocassionally but it's impossible to make friends when you're an adult because everyone has their own lives and responsibilities outside of work. It doesn't really bother me much as it used to because I've conditioned myself to be okay being friendless. And right now it's definitely not a top priority of mine.
Perkins is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 03:39 AM
GIT
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,048
I spent years alone with no one, much longer than you Fluffy. Now I have loads of people to hang out with, but only because I just couldn't stand it anymore and put myself out there. I was beyond lonely.

I've tried to meet multiple people on here but it's been failure as no one I've spoken to wants to, or is incapable of doing it. Forums are the worst place to meet people as you're dealing with the most severe cases of SA.

If people don't try and put themselves out their, you're doomed to a life of nothing.

If you're English it's a waste of time trying to make friends on here unless you want online friends.

I haven't got time for that any more. I want real life friends but to find those you have to find people like you who're actually capable of meeting in real life, and for me, this isn't the place for that.
The Notorious D.B.L is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 06:24 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 26
I haven't seen any of my old friends in years now. They all went their separate ways when they started getting engaged and having children.


It really, really sucks.


I go to a running club and have added people from there to my Facebook, but they are more like acquaintances. A number of them are older than me and have families of their own.



I feel like am trapped inbetween two generations.
ukperson is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2019, 09:12 AM
SAS Member
 
Doraemun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Outter Space
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 48
My Mood: Tired
2 months ago, I have only one 'friend' to talk to.
Now I have no one.
No one to share stories
No one to ask for help
No one to hang out with
No one knows my existence...
I'm trying to comfort myself and enjoy everything alone. But it's not easy at all. I don't know how long I can hold this loneliness. I'm exhausted. Impressively that you can hold it for 7 years
Doraemun is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:09 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Maryland
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 829
Its very common to not have friends. Certainly on this site. Im in the same boat. Some aquantices but no real friends. Try meetup groups they usually work pretty good to at least get introduced to others
chrisinmd is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 11:41 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier
 
twitchy666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Berkshire
Language: ASCII, T-SQL
Gender: Male
Age: 43
Posts: 8,237
My Mood: Angry

2012 horror year


original home email address rendered obsolete

impossible the services or accounts of change, as it was anchorpoint ID for me no paper letters will arrive to new home

lost mortgage insurance which has any threshold like 2-years straight claiming unemployment or illness seperately

all lovely career to 2011. one more seizure caused by phone rude hangup November, not allowed interview. did get extra medication to end all migraines being the stress key to seizures. friends GFs when employed. aspects of life.. pile on more advantages. but lose any.. more and further? peaks & troughs

from gutter..? /
twitchy666 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 01:48 PM
Senior Thread Writer
 
Cool Ice Dude55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Essex, UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,534
My Mood: Worried
Do you want friends? If so, have you been to meetup groups?


Cool Ice Dude55 is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 01:54 PM
SAS Member
 
EndTimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Posts: 517
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyblackcat View Post
Can anyone relate to this?


I haven't seen / spoken to / texted a friend since 2012.


I am beyond lonely...
I only have one single friend left. One I see, let's say, twice a year. But otherwise, no one.

I know it sucks. And, in my case, I sometimes have to hide this from my coworkers.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
EndTimes is online now  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 02:17 PM
SAS Member
 
Harveykinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Greendale
Posts: 282
One of the reasons my last friend was holding on to me at the time was because we were both single. People like when you share things like that with them, when you make them feel less alone in whatever they are. I realized when he got a gf that it was only a matter of time before he stopped interacting with me online but it wasn't till the last few months that it happened.

That's not to say if you're single then all of your friends with partners will automatically drop you. We were relating less and less in general though and I'm not king of social skills.
Harveykinkle is online now  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 02:20 PM
SAS Member
 
EndTimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Posts: 517
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveykinkle View Post
One of the reasons my last friend was holding on to me at the time was because we were both single. People like when you share things like that with them, when you make them feel less alone in whatever they are. I realized when he got a gf that it was only a matter of time before he stopped interacting with me online but it wasn't till the last few months that it happened.

That's not to say if you're single then all of your friends with partners will automatically drop you. We were relating less and less in general though and I'm not king of social skills.
It is true. I basically lost more and more of my friends those past years because nearly all of them have a wife at this point and they only hang out with people in the same case.

Now, at 32, it will be very difficult to find others in the same situation as I do.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
EndTimes is online now  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 02:29 PM
SAS Member
 
Harveykinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Greendale
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
It is true. I basically lost more and more of my friends those past years because nearly all of them have a wife at this point and they only hang out with people in the same case.

Now, at 32, it will be very difficult to find others in the same situation as I do.
Sometimes I wonder how much of people pursuing relationships is for the social credit they get from it. Not just being looked at in a better way but so they don't become ostracized outright. It's unfortunate that as we age it's practically a requirement to have a romantic partner to even have friends.
Harveykinkle is online now  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 PM
SAS Member
 
EndTimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Posts: 517
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveykinkle View Post
Sometimes I wonder how much of people pursuing relationships is for the social credit they get from it. Not just being looked at in a better way but so they don't become ostracized outright. It's unfortunate that as we age it's practically a requirement to have a romantic partner to even have friends.
Even family members do the same. I used to hang out a lot with a cousin of mine. He even said I was the second best cousin he had. After getting married and having two children, he never wrote anything back on my facebook. It will make you laugh, but he became very friendly with my oldest brother who lives like 7-8 km from where I live. They even invite him over for diner sometimes. Why do you think? Because he has children like them.

I became, without doing anything, an outcast. He no longer wants to be around someone like me.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette
EndTimes is online now  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 02:54 PM
SAS Member
 
Harveykinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Greendale
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTimes View Post
Even family members do the same. I used to hang out a lot with a cousin of mine. He even said I was the second best cousin he had. After getting married and having two children, he never wrote anything back on my facebook. It will make you laugh, but he became very friendly with my oldest brother who lives like 7-8 km from where I live. They even invite him over for diner sometimes. Why do you think? Because he has children like them.

I became, without doing anything, an outcast. He no longer wants to be around someone like me.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe the wife encouraged him to hang out with your brother instead because the kids could do stuff together. Maybe men with wives and kids want to reinforce their choices, because it's so much work maintaining that life, by associating with people who are doing the same as them. Regardless of why it was really messed up to drop you like that, especially with you being family.
Harveykinkle is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome