If I had just 1 truly quality friend irl then... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

If I had just 1 truly quality friend irl then...

things would be a lot easier and happier for me. Anyone feel this way? I would like to be comforted/supported, thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

it's just not so easy like when you're in elementary, high school and even college. I didn't pay a lot of attention to quality friends that time and wasn't taught to and it was like a given
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

No one even replied to this? it seems to show what unquality people most of the people are on here.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 10:13 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Friends are nice, a goal of mine .

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thanks for your reply. I thought you had friends I hope you get the right kinds of friends. I'm going to post in the Spiritual section now.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 10:51 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
Um...it would be cool, but I'm used to not having that. My friendships are always shallow...I think it's mostly because it's hard for me to open up and be vulnerable.

I'm the friend that listens to your problems, is always making jokes, but you've never seen me cry. You've never heard me say anything about my mental health. I wouldn't tell you if I was scared or lonely or depressed. And most people don't care to ask anyway.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 10:53 PM
zkv
SAS Member

I feel ya. It'd be nice to know someone cares. School was a nightmare for me though, no real friends there, the "friendships" I got there were superficial and kinda toxic. I had one pretty loyal friend outside school until I was, I don't know, maybe 17 or 18. I was so beaten down by then that I felt I was a pathetic black hole of depression so I cut contact. I do that. He kept trying to get in touch with me (a really sweet dude) but I guess eventually he got tired. Big mistake on my part really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
No one even replied to this? it seems to show what unquality people most of the people are on here.
There are plenty of possible reasons for it. Doesn't really say anything clear of their character.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Um...it would be cool, but I'm used to not having that. My friendships are always shallow...I think it's mostly because it's hard for me to open up and be vulnerable.

I'm the friend that listens to your problems, is always making jokes, but you've never seen me cry. You've never heard me say anything about my mental health. I wouldn't tell you if I was scared or lonely or depressed. And most people don't care to ask anyway.
So there are some people you feel who care so it's ok to be open to them if they do care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkv View Post
I feel ya. It'd be nice to know someone cares. School was a nightmare for me though, no real friends there, the "friendships" I got there were superficial and kinda toxic. I had one pretty loyal friend outside school until I was, I don't know, maybe 17 or 18. I was so beaten down by then that I felt I was a pathetic black hole of depression so I cut contact. I do that. He kept trying to get in touch with me (a really sweet dude) but I guess eventually he got tired. Big mistake on my part really.

There are plenty of possible reasons for it. Doesn't really say anything clear of their character.
If someone kept cutting contact with me, I'd feel they don't care or they have issues and I'm obviously not getting a friend. lol, but one thing I'd like to say is if he was really sweet, I think you shouldn't have cut contact with him, but then again, you could be afraid that one day he wouldn't want to be friends with you, it's that insecurity that comes with it when you don't have confidence. I know I can take things personally about what I said about the site, it could be that people are insecure but that's just how I felt that probably people don't like me.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 11:18 PM
Duke Duck

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
things would be a lot easier and happier for me. Anyone feel this way? I would like to be comforted/supported, thank you
Yes I feel this way too. I did have a really good friend (BFF) a few years back and I felt more secure/happy overall....but life was not THAAAT different lol. It still felt the same....just a little less lonely. Of course I didn't meet my BFF in real life every day. I used to meet her maybe once every two weeks but we used to chat every day. I wonder if I would have felt any different if our real life interactions were daily.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 09:58 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Friends can be very valuable! But just as people can come together without reason, they can also move apart. It's important to learn how to be okay in your own company

<3
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-2020, 12:40 PM
SAS Member

i d like alot to have a loyal good friend.....but im currently friendless.....have been so for 11 yrs.....the friends i grew up with cause resentment as they were disloyal.....they didnt call on me at all when i suffered from depression
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 03:09 AM
insert witty comment here

Quote:
LOL

If you are looking to make friends then that's not how you do it.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
LOL

If you are looking to make friends then that's not how you do it.
Are you having a go at me? I said "irl"
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 08:48 AM
anxiolytic

Language: 'Merican
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

Aw don't say that mezzo, I'd hang out with you if you weren't so far away from me <3

you could take me shopping :D
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 10:27 AM
SAS Member

I have a fairly good friend but it's not enough.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 11:16 AM
insert witty comment here

Quote:
Are you having a go at me? I said "irl"
In the post that I quote you specifically said "on here" and not "irl"

If you want to interpret that as me having a go then ok.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
In the post that I quote you specifically said "on here" and not "irl"

If you want to interpret that as me having a go then ok.
In that quote I was just saying that no one replied to the thread and my comment about the people on here, that that's how I felt at the time, not about having friends 'on here' although I don't mind if I wanted to.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 12:21 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Not surprised, everyone too preoccupied with themselves.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 12:24 AM
Worthy of Love

My Mood: Lurking
It's nice having one friend, love her to death. It makes all the difference in the world having a support system

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
We all have a personality, but it's muted with SA, held back by fear, and under-developed. We're smothering it out of fear of being judged, being shamed, being embarrassed
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 05:01 AM
SAS Member

it would be nice to have a friend.....i have currently zero friends and its been that way for over 20 yrs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page