I feel lonely.. :( - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I feel lonely.. :(

Hi, before I get into this allow me to introduce myself. I am 14 years old, Im about to go into 8th grade and I basically feel lonely. I have a few friends but non of them are my best friends and they dont hang out with me all the time. I feel lonely because I dont have a best friend and I feel like sometimes Im scared to look people in the eye and talk to them. This year when I go back to school Id like to make new friends and maybe a best friend but I feel scared. Im also scared about who will be in my class because some kids are a little bit mean. I want to have friends but then I dont know how to make them, Im scared that what happens if the mean kids are in my class and what do I do when theyre mean? Can someone please help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:40 AM
Permanently Banned

School counselor maybe?
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 02:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
If the kids in class are mean then definitely, as the above poster said School Counselor, or maybe the Principal. Making friends is scary, even for me, who has been out of 8th grade for several years now. I would suggest, just talking to people. It doesn't have to be particularly dignified conversation, just get them talking. You may find you have a lot in common with them. If you need help in deciding what to say there is something called the F.O.R.D method. It stands for

F- Family
O- Occupation
R- Recreation
D- Dreams

Being in 8th grade, I doubt any of the people in your class will have jobs, but the other three are free game. Just ask people what they most look forward to after school for recreation. Maybe instead of occupation, ask them what their favorite subject is.

Putting yourself out there is scary, but I assure you, people are very social creatures, especially if you can get them talking about themselves. Good luck.

"You're going to fail a lot. Sometimes you'll fail over and over again, but you have to keep trying every time. You can't give up just because there is a chance that you might fail." - Dante Basco

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 02:37 PM
SAS Member

Language: English.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
Hi, before I get into this allow me to introduce myself. I am 14 years old, Im about to go into 8th grade and I basically feel lonely. I have a few friends but non of them are my best friends and they dont hang out with me all the time. I feel lonely because I dont have a best friend and I feel like sometimes Im scared to look people in the eye and talk to them. This year when I go back to school Id like to make new friends and maybe a best friend but I feel scared. Im also scared about who will be in my class because some kids are a little bit mean. I want to have friends but then I dont know how to make them, Im scared that what happens if the mean kids are in my class and what do I do when theyre mean? Can someone please help me?
I was like this growing up and I was teased and bullied a lot by other girls. There's a lot of kids who are cruel, but there's still good people out there. If you have problems at School go to someone you can speak with about the issue. Don't feel ashamed. Talk to your family members and tell them about the issue. The longer you keep it to yourself, you will feel depressed. You shouldn't feel like this or be afraid. If you have anymore issues, don't be afraid to post about it and express how you feel. I wish you the best of luck!

"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page