How to stop thinking that someone wants to hurt you when they've not? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused

How to stop thinking that someone wants to hurt you when they've not?

Hi to everyone here, hope you all have a good day. n_n

I would like to request help about how to stop thinking things like that... Believe me, it hurts...

I have standard anxiety ever since three years ago, and now it's quite hard to control it...

Yesterday, I was searching a photo of facebook when I saw that the name of a "friend" was black, wanted to check out and I found out that I was blocked... Got confused because I didn't know why it happened...

The next day, I found her and asked her: "Why did you blocked me?"
And she said: "No, I didn't, I'm just not hanging on facebook anymore, I'll show ya if you want to".
She unblocked me but she deleted me, and I don't know why...
We haven't talked too much, and I never did anything bad to her, it did hurt...

Not knowing why they did something like that hurts...

Guys, what's the best way to control anxiety and to stop thinking that people want to hurt me?
I don't want to be a hypocrite because of it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 11:12 PM
things fall apart

Hey EmiyaShirou525.

Maybe next time if you find yourself in a similar situation, try to change your mindset as there can be a variety of explanations for the end result. Honestly, if I were in your position, I would've had the tendency to jump to conclusions and assume things especially when I'm hurt, but if I give myself some time to reflect and think of possible alternatives like "maybe this happened because...or what if it was due to...", then I might be able to see that in reality, what actually happened had nothing to do with what I originally thought. Does that make sense?

delve deeper; determine the root cause

https://youtu.be/i6T_NXnBTwg
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

@eeyoredragon : Hey, thanks for the reply. n_n

Well... I thought that her facebook was deactivated and because of that I disconnected from my account and watched the photo with her name tagged... And it still worked, then I felt sad and kinda angry... Because I never did anything bad to her and she blocked me for a reason I don't know...

I promise that I'll use logic over emotions in those situations, will never act like that again...

Wish you the best. n_n

Hope that the world can have true peace and justice someday, that's all I want...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:13 PM
things fall apart

Hey EmiyaShirou525.

Quote:
...Because I never did anything bad to her and she blocked me for a reason I don't know...
That's tough when you don't know the reasoning behind a person's actions. I mean, if she told you, then you could at least correct it if you had unintentionally done something that hurt her, but in this case, I guess the only thing is to learn whatever you can from it and move on. BTW, I tend to base a lot of my decisions on emotions rather than logic, so that's a difficult thing for me anyways, to change.

delve deeper; determine the root cause

https://youtu.be/i6T_NXnBTwg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

@eeyoredragon : You're right... Sadly most people these days just make actions instead of think about the other person. :/

Thanks again, please take care.

Hope that the world can have true peace and justice someday, that's all I want...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page