Crush goes to prom with someone else - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
MHD
SAS Member

Crush goes to prom with someone else

It's the last year of high school and I was moved to a new class where I met a girl that I liked. It's a computer science high school so there are not a lot of girls here and overall I have very few friends and zero female friends. I was happy when I was able to talk to her, she does have a boyfriend, but she's still nice and open to others so I thought we got along well.
I asked her if she could go to prom with me, but she said that she already has a date. It's a guy from another class and I've been his classmate for past 3 years. I think she doesn't know him well, but he is a friend of another student who is her good friend so he probablly suggested her to him.
It seems that I was too late and I'm feeling bad about it everyday, blaming myself for the situation.
I tried asking some other girls (referenced by some friends) out and got reject multiple times, therefore I'm not going to dance at the prom.
I continue to talk to this girl, but I often feel empty at home, knowing how much better life could be, what should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 09:23 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
Wait so it that her boyfriend going to the prom with her? or is that some other random guy? That would seem a little funny and would make me wary of her. Sorry that your feeling bad man, but you did take a risk and asked so its great that you mustered the courage to do that, however I'd probably be careful in the future with girls who already have boyfriends. I guess the only thing I'd add is there's plenty of fish in the sea so if you keep looking you'll catch one.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
MHD
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
Wait so it that her boyfriend going to the prom with her? or is that some other random guy? That would seem a little funny and would make me wary of her. Sorry that your feeling bad man, but you did take a risk and asked so its great that you mustered the courage to do that, however I'd probably be careful in the future with girls who already have boyfriends. I guess the only thing I'd add is there's plenty of fish in the sea so if you keep looking you'll catch one.
It's some other random guy that goes to prom with her, not her boyfriend, I don't know why not. Maybe he doesn't have time or maybe it's something else. I remember we were talking once (me and this girl that I like) how we will spend new year's eve and I asked her if she will be with her boyfriend and she answered with something like: "If he will stop bothering me", but not really in a negative tone I guess.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page