Creating a friend within your own self? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
\_(ツ)_/

Creating a friend within your own self?

What do you think? It sounds like having multiple personalities a bit. But I also see it like befriending your own self/mind and having someone watch over you when you get sad and feel negative. Someone to pick you up and encourage you to keep going when things get rough. Someone to share things with and talk to, almost like being your own best friend/therapist.

Hmm maybe even a romantic relationship within with yourself! Maybe we can invent a personality within ourselves to be friends with? Like a stranger, a ghost, an angel, ahh makes me happy to imagine you with me/me with you/us.... Myself and another me, or someone like me, someone like you, or maybe this can also tie into maladaptive daydreaming personality, schizophrenia, etc. And what would you say to yourself if you met yourself?

I think many of us, well humans in general already do this, they have an inner critic for example which is a major thing for social anxiety folks. It's like a bully always second guessing them and it's also like a parent who beats you up over small stuff. Humans also just talk in their heads all the time, it's normal, we talk to ourselves when we have to make important decisions, what to wear, etc.

And isn't having children what it's also all about? Producing extra copies of you to talk to and raise to be good functioning adults? Maybe creating someone out of thin air, or with similar likes and dislikes as your self can be just as important as making children and raising them to be good functioning adults. Maybe I can help myself grow up already, we should be allowed to hallucinate ourselves and other selves just as much as people who reproduce.

In a way, I see changing thoughts and feelings as a break up with old selves that didn't serve us in our wellbeing. So every new thought and feeling that I get addicted to, I hope that it will serve me in my wellbeing. And if it doesn't then I break up with it, move on, and create another self. I wonder if this is what really happens all along behind the scenes of our awareness, deep inside our subconscious and psyche.

When we dream, our subconscious can be used as a friend. Imagine that! You can go to sleep and incorporate this dream self to experience the dream world with, which is insanely similar to the Avatar movie and other movies, maybe even The Matrix.

And maybe this way we can ease slower into becoming more comfortable around other people. For me, I just think everyone in real life by now is a hallucination. I used to question this thinking I was schizophrenic, but everyone questions this question if other people in their life are real or imagined, or if life is a dream and I am in your dream and you in mine as simply just a character.

Why's it so hard for me to just realize that life is real and it really exists and I'm not in a dream or a Matrix!? It's really hard, at this moment I think I'm going to down to early onset dementia-land full of psychosis and depersonalization/derealization. I have to add, I do a lot of sleep deprivation, insomnia, no drugs, coffee. Maybe people prone to psychosis are more likely to decide to make friends with themselves or to think life is a dream/nightmare.

Why Did I Go Mad Documentary BBC

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wqptg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
\_(ツ)_/

I found a cute girl who explains

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
\_(ツ)_/

Reminds me of American Horror Story: Tate & Violet episode, is it the 1st one? I forgot..., oh . I watched that show while taking Prozac because I was so dead inside. And I was so psychotic or something and became one with the whole show. Why would they give me Prozac if I am prone to psychosis? Idiotic doctors out there! Anyway, I want a Tate so bad.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 12:06 AM
bipolar boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtSurrender View Post
Reminds me of American Horror Story: Tate & Violet episode, is it the 1st one? I forgot..., oh . I watched that show while taking Prozac because I was so dead inside. And I was so psychotic or something and became one with the whole show. Why would they give me Prozac if I am prone to psychosis? Idiotic doctors out there! Anyway, I want a Tate so bad.
Did they know about the psychosis when they prescribed the prozac or did the prozac bring it on?

I have a feeling it was the antidepressant they gave me about 12 years or so ago that started a whole new set of problems for me, although I can't be sure. My wife thinks I've been like this for longer - and she's known me for 30 years. I really have no idea.

I hope you're doing okay though.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
\_(ツ)_/

@harrison Oh hey Yeah it's definitely psychosis for me. Even falling in love causes psychosis, https://www.franktallis.com/2017/12/...ental-illness/ Maybe that's why most people stay away from falling in love, they don't want to lose touch with reality, don't blame them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page