Um. Hi. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Um. Hi.

Yeah. Hi. I don't usually make intro posts like this. Usually I join a forum, spend a week building up the courage to post one reply and then run away, never to be seen again. I want it to be different this time, so I'm doing things differently. I want to stick around, get to know people, make some friends.

I've never been professionally diagnosed with a social phobia or any other anxiety disorder, though it's pretty ****ing obvious I have some, and that they're getting worse. It is to me, at least. I'm so good at hiding how I feel that it would surprise me if anybody else has noticed anything at all. I was suicidal at one point. I was that close to killing myself and I could still laugh, joke and smile convincingly. Nobody ever noticed anything was wrong. I'd probably take up acting if I wasn't so self-conscious.

I've reached a block now. I can't think of anything else to write. That's probably a good thing; when I start talking about myself I always end up blathering like an idiot, on and on and on for hours, even when I know nobody cares at all about what I'm saying. I can't help it.

So hi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:03 AM
MayTheForceBeWithYou

HELLO Holly Short,
Welcome to the SAS forum !

" You were deceived. And now, your Republic shall fall. "
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 AM

hey, i'm new too

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Short View Post
Yeah. Hi. I don't usually make intro posts like this. Usually I join a forum, spend a week building up the courage to post one reply and then run away, never to be seen again. I want it to be different this time, so I'm doing things differently. I want to stick around, get to know people, make some friends.

I've never been professionally diagnosed with a social phobia or any other anxiety disorder, though it's pretty ****ing obvious I have some, and that they're getting worse. It is to me, at least. I'm so good at hiding how I feel that it would surprise me if anybody else has noticed anything at all. I was suicidal at one point. I was that close to killing myself and I could still laugh, joke and smile convincingly. Nobody ever noticed anything was wrong. I'd probably take up acting if I wasn't so self-conscious.

I've reached a block now. I can't think of anything else to write. That's probably a good thing; when I start talking about myself I always end up blathering like an idiot, on and on and on for hours, even when I know nobody cares at all about what I'm saying. I can't help it.

So hi.
Hi Holly & welcome.
I care what you are saying. Blather away I'm interested.
Suicide is more than a passing thought in my mind so I understand.

I usually join & run too. I just joined here & would like it to be diff. as well.
I haven't been diagnosed either but like they say 'it's not rocket science' inside to know something is wrong. I hope we can talk sometime or you blog or something. I prob. can't help since I can't seem to help myself either but if I can I will.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM
SAS Member

Welcome!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Aspergian

Hey Holly Short, welcome to

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Permanently Banned

Holly. I'm Karl
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I honestly wasn't expecting so many people to reply. It really is nice
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 03:08 AM
dirt person

Hey, welcome to the forums!
I love your username, btw ^_^

"Let us go. Let us leave this festering hellhole. Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable.
Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."

ó Dirk Gentlyís Holistic Detective Agency, Douglas Adams
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Anywhere, take me there ~

Hey & welcome
<3 artemis fowl

How do you say goodbye, 

When you've hardly said hello?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Welcome, HollyShort!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page