Struggling with Generalized Anxiety Disorder - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Struggling with Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Hi,

I'm new here and hoping to get some guidance. 6 weeks ago my wife and I bought our first house. It is a great house and I feel bad for having anxiety about it, but we are next to a fairly busy street and I can't stop thinking about the street noise. I have always grown up in houses that were in the middle of a neighborhood where sound wasn't an issue. I feel like I should have known that the street noise would be an issue. I actually was dealing with it fine, but have since convinced myself that I made a terrible mistake and I will never get used to the noise. At night I'm fine, but when I wake up in the morning I think about the street noise immediately. I then carry that anxiety around in my chest all day. I can't focus and I can't eat. I know I can't sell the house because we just bought it, but I feel helpless. Am I crazy for feeling this way?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 10:31 AM
Aspergian

Hey dumsiege, welcome to SAS.

No, you aren't crazy for feeling the way you do. I have noise sensitivity myself and know how much stress it causes me to live in a noisy area.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:10 PM
indo cloudhead

You can install triple glass windows and sound proof your walls. Expensive, but works.

https://www.soundproofwindows.com
A Soundproof Window will reduce noise levels by 75-95%. Soundproof Windows are available nationwide. A Soundproof Window is a second window placed behind your existing window that opens and closes just like your current one - there is no need to remove or replace your window to eliminate noise.

Also

https://homerecordingpro.com/how-to-soundproof-a-window/

You're worth a less stressful life, so go soundproof!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page