Struggling at work - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Struggling at work

Hey everyone. So I'm new here, I'm 21 and suffer from anxiety and depression. I have been at my new job for a month now after being unemployed for 8 months. Lately my job is just too much for me to handle. I've had to call out twice already and leave early twice as well. On Friday I ended up having to excuse myself to the bathroom and had a complete breakdown during my shift and then after telling my manager that i needed to leave early I had a panic attack once I reached my car. Then again yesterday I became anxious for no apparent reason and then started picking at my skin to distract myself, again I had to leave early after less than an hour into my shift. I honestly don't know what to do. I work again tomorrow and have a 6 hour shift that there is no way in hell that I can handle. I'm afraid that if I call out again then they will fire me, but at the same time I did explain to the manager my last shift that I have an anxiety disorder and that was the reason for my absences and he seemed understanding and said to let any of the managers know if there was anything that they could do to help. I just have no idea what to do anymore, work has become completely unbearable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Seriously , never serious

Go see your manager and work out a roster to ease your self in to work like
1 h a day this week , 2h a day next week , 3 h a day etc etc you get the point .

. WTF is wrong with me

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 08:44 PM
SAS Member

Aww i feel for u mate!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My schedule is already set for this week and I'm working every single day. I doubt they will make an exception. It's just been completely overwhelming.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Seriously , never serious

Oh well
If you don't want to try something then prepare yourself .
I d just go and try as rosters can be changed and people (contrary to popular believe ) do actually want to help generally .

. WTF is wrong with me

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I guess I could try that. I'm just worried about talking with the scheduling manager cause he can be kind of a dick and I just don't think that I can handle going in tomorrow.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 07:37 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Welcome, Bosmer!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:26 PM
SAS Member

It's awful I know. I'm in my 40's and still going through all this sh**. It helps me just knowing that there are others like me, that I'm not alone and not the first person to ever have felt all this. It's a small thing but focusing on small positives like that help me get to the other end of my shift.
Good luck!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 12:31 PM
SAS Member

I hope you have a psychiatrist and a therapist. You need medication badly. When you get to work, when is the first time you start feeling uncomfortable?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 03:18 PM
master of disaster

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosmer View Post
Hey everyone. So I'm new here, I'm 21 and suffer from anxiety and depression. I have been at my new job for a month now after being unemployed for 8 months. Lately my job is just too much for me to handle. I've had to call out twice already and leave early twice as well. On Friday I ended up having to excuse myself to the bathroom and had a complete breakdown during my shift and then after telling my manager that i needed to leave early I had a panic attack once I reached my car. Then again yesterday I became anxious for no apparent reason and then started picking at my skin to distract myself, again I had to leave early after less than an hour into my shift. I honestly don't know what to do. I work again tomorrow and have a 6 hour shift that there is no way in hell that I can handle. I'm afraid that if I call out again then they will fire me, but at the same time I did explain to the manager my last shift that I have an anxiety disorder and that was the reason for my absences and he seemed understanding and said to let any of the managers know if there was anything that they could do to help. I just have no idea what to do anymore, work has become completely unbearable.
hello, welcome to the forums.so do you have any other working options if you quit this job,ive also had some anxiety problems at work.if no one is able to help at your job you might just have to move on if thats possible.best of luck.message me if you need any advice.take care.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Permanently Banned

I wish I could sprinkle some of my greatness onto the restless, tortured souls of the world.

I mean the answer to your question is simple, grow stronger. Both physically and mentally.

This can be accomplished by facing your fears head on and pushing through the pain, through the fear until you increase your threshold for pain and fear.

I mean your describtion was very vague, so you can only expect a vague reply.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page