New to SAS - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Recoveringrob

Language: English
My Mood: Fine

New to SAS

Hello Everyone, Iím Rob. I have always struggled with anxiety and panic attacks. Iím a bit strange because outwardly I appear confident and usually feel confident but sometimes something inside me happens and I can end up having a panic attack where my heart is absolutely racing, Iím struggling to breathe and I canít speak. It only happens when I am speaking to a group of people and not all the time. Like I say sometimes I can feel confident but I always know itís lurking in the background. It also can happen when I am on the phone especially if I know people can hear me, but again I can also be very confident on the phone. I really donít know why it happens and it has always held me back in my life. I though I would join this group to see if there are other people like me and if we can help each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 03:52 AM
Elle Knight

Hi Rob, welcome to SAS 🙂 I hope you get to meet others who have manifestations as you cause that way you will get to connect with them on a different level. Anyways, it seems to me that you have panic disorder and you suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder. Do you suffer from depression too? Have you ever been diagnosed?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 04:21 AM
prince charming

@Anxious Rob
Welcome here! Your description doesn't sound all that weird to me. Seems like you've come to the right place. Good luck!

((( connect or perish )))

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 08:03 AM
Aspergian

Hey Rob, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Recoveringrob

Hi Elle, itís lovely to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome. How are you doing today? Yes, I think youíre right that I have panic disorder and social anxiety. I donít suffer with depression though. Iím a pretty positive person so itís strange when these episodes occur. Iíve never really had a proper diagnosis although Iíve had treatment for anxiety/panic attacks.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Recoveringrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxious Rob View Post
Hi Elle, itís lovely to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome. How are you doing today? Yes, I think youíre right that I have panic disorder and social anxiety. I donít suffer with depression though. Iím a pretty positive person so itís strange when these episodes occur. Iíve never really had a proper diagnosis although Iíve had treatment for anxiety/panic attacks.
Hi Tuan Jie. Thanks for the warm welcome and lovely to meet you. I hope this finds you well. Yes, I hope Iíve come to the right place. Thanks again.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Recoveringrob

Hi Toad Licker. Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for the wise words.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 04:26 AM
Elle Knight

Quote:
Hi Elle, it’s lovely to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome. How are you doing today? Yes, I think you’re right that I have panic disorder and social anxiety. I don’t suffer with depression though. I’m a pretty positive person so it’s strange when these episodes occur. I’ve never really had a proper diagnosis although I’ve had treatment for anxiety/panic attacks.
You are welcome anytime. It’s nice to meet you too *gives virtual hug*.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Recoveringrob

Hi Again Elle Knight, Iím really sorry but I have replied to your private message three times now but for some reason it still hasnít been sent! How are you doing today? Iíve written out a long response twice and tried to pm you but it wonít let me send! I then just did a normal quick reply but that doesnít seem to have gone either! Ha ha, Iím rubbish at this! Please let me know if you if you receive this and I will answer your questions about my diagnosis or lack of it in more detail!
Take care
Rob x
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 01:18 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Hi Again Elle Knight, Iím really sorry but I have replied to your private message three times now but for some reason it still hasnít been sent! How are you doing today? Iíve written out a long response twice and tried to pm you but it wonít let me send! I then just did a normal quick reply but that doesnít seem to have gone either! Ha ha, Iím rubbish at this! Please let me know if you if you receive this and I will answer your questions about my diagnosis or lack of it in more detail!
Take care
Rob x
I am pretty sure there is a minimum number of posts that you have to have before you can send a PM. I'm not sure what it is but @Silent Memory might know.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 01:25 AM
experimental sincerity

Hello Rob, I also oscillate between anxiety and feeling fine, so it must be a pretty common thing. It's weird how that stuff works. Anyway, hope the forum is of help to you!

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 01:32 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
@Anxious Rob

OK. I think the minimum number of posts before PM is set at 15 (but I might be wrong)
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 02:20 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Welcome to SAS. I hope you will like it here, and that it will be helpful for you. The minimum number of posts you need to have made before you can send private messages is 15, like @WillYouStopDave said. If you need help with anything, you can send PMs to moderators without needing 15 posts.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 04:14 AM
Elle Knight

Quote:
Hi Again Elle Knight, I’m really sorry but I have replied to your private message three times now but for some reason it still hasn’t been sent! How are you doing today? I’ve written out a long response twice and tried to pm you but it won’t let me send! I then just did a normal quick reply but that doesn’t seem to have gone either! Ha ha, I’m rubbish at this! Please let me know if you if you receive this and I will answer your questions about my diagnosis or lack of it in more detail!
Take care
Rob x
@Anxious Rob , and here I was wondering what I did haha! It’s totally fine. As soon as you have made your 15th post then you can PM me your response okay? And we’ll talk. I am fine, Rob. How are you? We’ll talk soon...you be safe and take care too 🙂
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Recoveringrob

Ha ha ha, Iím sorry Elle! Iím really struggling to navigate my way round this forum! Iím good thanks. I hope that your anxiety has improved. Stay safe, take care and keep smiling. Rob x
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 12:42 AM
SAS Member

@Elle Knight

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 01:39 AM
Permanently Banned

@Anxious Rob i feel for you. No-one Understands what like to have panic attacks. They are the most horrible experience

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Elle Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbundle View Post
@Elle Knight

This is the Rob that you’re referring to?
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 07:11 PM
SAS Member

Yes this is him

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 07:12 PM
SAS Member

[quote=Elle Knight;1093991425]This is the Rob that youíre referring to?[/quote @Elle Knight

Yes that is him.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page