Love people...but have social anxiety - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Love people...but have social anxiety

hi! I’m jaclyn age 20 female. I have dealt with social anxiety my entire life. I always felt like I wasn’t the same as everyone else mentally, just a little more serious or different. I am okay with conversating and meeting new people but my problem is I am always worried about what people think about me. Every interaction with coworkers, my boss, if I have a partner, I am Uber sensitive to their facial expressions, tones in their voices, and how they works things, I always overthink and assume they are thinking bad things about me, or think I’m annoying. I fear Not being accepted and loved and I have no idea how to cope with these thoughts because they are in my head every day. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Aspergian

Hey Jaclyn, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:05 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I think many of us have those issues.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:36 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Welcome to the site. Lot of good people with good information who have been in similar situations.

Your in a lot better shape then most people on this site in that your okay with conversating and meeting new people. That is where most people with social anxiety problems arise.

The worried about what people think about me issue you are having is very very common. Getting therapy can really help with that issue. Its called CBT therapy. Have you seen a therapist or mental health professional. It would probably help you a lot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page