I need some advice. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I need some advice.

Hi everyone, I'm John, hope you're all doing well.

This is actually my second time registering on this forum, but I made a new account as that was 5+ years ago and forgot the details.

Basically I've had Social Anxiety for the last 10 years or so. It started when I moved to college at 16 (I'm from the UK) and all my friends went to different colleges apart from one person. Throughout my late teens it got worse and worse, up until the point I couldn't leave the house at around 23 (I'm now 2.

At the time I had no idea what was happening, but I remember walking to class from the station, the tension building, and by the time I reached class I was a nervous wreck. This happened every day pretty much and by the time I got to Uni I had to drop out because in the first class we were made to stand up and introduce ourselves to about 30+ people. I freaked the f**k out, made a fool of myself and never returned.

I saw my GP got put on Cipralex which did nothing. A few years went by and I struggled trying everything under the sun and nothing worked. I saw 2 different psychiatrists and got put on meds like Lyrica, Zoloft, Effexor, and Clonazepam. None worked apart from the benzos which were like a miracle for a couple of years; I got my life back but it didn't last and I'm now pretty sure I'm addicted to them at age 28. Last year I did a year of psychotherapy which helped a lot, but ended after a year as I stopped turning up as it was a struggle to get to sometimes.

So here I am back at square one, but a much stronger person. I recently saw the same psychiatrist as before who I get on with and he put me on Mirtazipine (Remeron) 15mg then is going to be increased to 30 or 40. I can't think properly and feel tired and depressed.

I see him again next thursday and I'm hoping for the best with this new med. I'm also looking into possibly asking him about Nardil or Aderrall in combination with my Klon. I'm not sure what to do? I don't know if this will work or not.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought it was necessary to give you some background. If you read all of this then thank you for taking the time, and please, any advice would be much appreciated as I'm lost right now and willing to try anything.

What actually works for social anxiety? There must be something?

Kind regards,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

PS - I can't edit my post, but I meant to say that I'm 28 now - not that smiley face. lol

Thanks
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Wow, not any response...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 03:34 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Welcome, JohnnyE!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page