I'm not sure where to start so I guess I'll start from the begginning. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I'm not sure where to start so I guess I'll start from the begginning.

delete

Last edited by ipodchicken; 07-08-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: delet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
IPodChicken,

You look just fine to me. I don't see any reason to do anything. Are you sure you don't just have Body Dysmorphic Disorder? That could be why you don't see yourself as strong. Me, I exercise. My arms may not be so big, but my legs are (I run, bike in summer). I didn't have to do anything...even with Paxil fat.

A lot of SA deals with how we think and see yourselves (we usually see ourselves as incorrectly inferior to other people). We are also hypersensitive in that respect.

I hope that you can use this site to help you with some of the things that you are facing. It is a neat place.
Welcome to the forum .

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
IPodChicken,

You look just fine to me. I don't see any reason to do anything. Are you sure you don't just have Body Dysmorphic Disorder? That could be why you don't see yourself as strong. Me, I exercise. My arms may not be so big, but my legs are (I run, bike in summer). I didn't have to do anything...even with Paxil fat.

A lot of SA deals with how we think and see yourselves (we usually see ourselves as incorrectly inferior to other people). We are also hypersensitive in that respect.

I hope that you can use this site to help you with some of the things that you are facing. It is a neat place.
Welcome to the forum .
Thank you for responding. I don't think I have body dysmorphic disorder and if I did would I even be able to know? So I guess I'm not sure if I have it or not. I went to a plastic surgeon and he told me that my nose was to big and my chin was to small in nicer words. So according to him, I don't have body dysmorphic disorder. Other people have said I have a big nose, even my dad has said if I wanted a nose job he would pay for it. My nose has been a center for ridicule and obnoxious comments since I broke it when I was 10. I never had a problem with my chin until I saw the doctor who told me about its effect on the face.

Thank you for your kind words though. Its made me feel a little better.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Temporarily Banned

Hey ipodchicken welcome.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
SAS Member

Greetings Ipodchicken,

I have the same issues with my appearance. My teeth aren't crooked but I have always had large canine teeth that stick out slightly. Because of this I NEVER smile in public. Last month I decided to stop putting it off and I went to an Orthodontist to get braces.

I have also been saving for a nose job because I think my nose is far too big for my face. Whenever I am hanging out with somebody I secretly try to avoid them seeing the profile of my face (where you can see that my nose is noticeably big). It's sad that in this superficial world we feel the need to obsess over such trivial things. But I do believe that having straight teeth and a smaller nose would help me to feel better about myself. It will at least give me the confidence to smile in public without worrying what people think of my teeth.

Anyway I just thought I'd share that with you.
Because there are days when I hate my face too.

Good luck with everything and I hope that getting surgery will help you to feel better about yourself.

- Justin
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
SAS Member

I see nothing wrong with you ipodchicken, but I understand how you feel cause I have the same issues. Welcome to SAS!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thank you for the warm welcome.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
World Experimenter

Hi Ipodchicken, welcome.

Honestly I think you look fine. In my opinion, it's probably true that your nose is a bit big but to me it isn't that much of a problem because it still seems fine. I do understand that some people can be quite judgmental over these things though - you see I never understand the whole concept of plastic surgery over what seems natural Don't feel too bad about yourself though!

I'd like to think that in the end, it will be worthwhile.

http://twitter.com/crazynified
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
SAS Member

Hi everyone,
This is Jayne. I am new to this forum...
This seems to be a very good guide towards good health, Hope to have a good time here

Glutathione also known as GSH, is one of the human body’s naturally occurring antioxidants that prevent foreign materials from causing harm to cells.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page