I dont feel my age. Tips? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Question

I dont feel my age. Tips?

I am 18 and in march I will be 19. I have my own apartment, am getting married, go to school and work. I never hang out with people or do anything. I have one friend and I don't really hang out much. groups of people stress me out but at the same time I just want to experience being young. In my spare time I write budgets. I also write both my moms and dads. When I'm done with that I meal plan. I just feel like I'm separated from my peers cuz of all this and that makes it eve harder to connect. I don't know how but I want to feel more my age and just have some fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:18 PM
Aspergian

Hey Matty, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:21 PM
your dads girlfriend

My Mood: Sleepy
Maybe you and your spouse could find something fun to do together that involves meeting other people. Maybe local Facebook groups?

pretty when I cry

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 05:01 PM
SAS Member

Things are going to be changing quick! Babies follow marriage. When they come, you'll really be anchored. So I would suggest you do things now you won't be able to do once the family starts growing. Like travel. This will take some research on your part and, unless you two are primadonna's and won't accept anything less than 5-stars and top-shelf, you'll find it's not as expensive as you thought. When I was younger, I did what all young people do, stayed in hostels. I stayed in the Generator in London. You write budgets. Perfect. Do your research and write a budget. Travel is a great way to escape your stuff and gain new experiences. If you stick to the big cities, you won't run into a language barrier because everyone speaks English. Think of yourself as a voyeur. You're only passing through a movie set completely anonymously.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page