I already see names I recognize - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I already see names I recognize

Hi there! It's been a minute. I posted here regularly years ago. The proverbial monkey on my back called social anxiety dragged me kicking and screaming back to the forums. Okay well, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic, but monkeys can be strong ya know.

Truth is even now, it's still nice to know that other people experience the same or similar things that I do on a daily basis. Last year I had a rough go with anxiety (albeit surprisingly not the social aspect) and now that I'm more or less back to my baseline, I'd like a spot where I can ask specific questions and share curiosities that nobody else can relate to. That, and I tend to be the cat that curiosity killed; I can't not know what SAS is up to these days.

We're all in this together - I mean, kind of. We're all in this separately, in different time zones, on the internet machine. Yeah that's more realistic.

I couldn't remember my exact username and password combo and wasn't able to obtain it through other means, but no biggie as this is essentially the same username. Whether anyone remembers me or not, I have no idea. Kinda curious what some people I lost touch with might be up to if they still kick it here. Figure most of them moved on though. Much has happened since I've last been here. I don't know if I'll be staying. I don't even remember how long it's been since I left the site. To be continued, I guess? Everybody loves a good cliffhanger. (Shhh yes they do)

-Illusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Aspergian

Hey illusion of happiness, welcome back. I remember your username.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hiya, Toad Licker. Who could forget a name like that?? & Thanks!

Sidenote: I feel like you haven't actually licked a toad before, but I'd love nothing more than to hear a hallucination-filled toad-licking story. A girl can dream.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:47 PM
The Meditator

Language: Enlgish
Might recognize me as one of the realest.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:55 AM
Permanently Banned

Hey
Posted via Mobile Device
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:13 AM
☆ Moderator ☆

Welcome back. I like your avatar.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:54 AM
SAS Member

Welcome back. There's still some of us around from back then who never left.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 08:12 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Welcome back!
Yeah, some of us are still here. My sun is still shining as bright as it was then.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:01 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Twisted
Hi

I remember you. Welcome back.

Confident, but not really sure.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Endless Sorrow...

My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion_of_happiness View Post
Hi there! It's been a minute. I posted here regularly years ago. The proverbial monkey on my back called social anxiety dragged me kicking and screaming back to the forums. Okay well, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic, but monkeys can be strong ya know.

Truth is even now, it's still nice to know that other people experience the same or similar things that I do on a daily basis. Last year I had a rough go with anxiety (albeit surprisingly not the social aspect) and now that I'm more or less back to my baseline, I'd like a spot where I can ask specific questions and share curiosities that nobody else can relate to. That, and I tend to be the cat that curiosity killed; I can't not know what SAS is up to these days.

We're all in this together - I mean, kind of. We're all in this separately, in different time zones, on the internet machine. Yeah that's more realistic.

I couldn't remember my exact username and password combo and wasn't able to obtain it through other means, but no biggie as this is essentially the same username. Whether anyone remembers me or not, I have no idea. Kinda curious what some people I lost touch with might be up to if they still kick it here. Figure most of them moved on though. Much has happened since I've last been here. I don't know if I'll be staying. I don't even remember how long it's been since I left the site. To be continued, I guess? Everybody loves a good cliffhanger. (Shhh yes they do)

-Illusion
I think I remember seeing your username years ago, I think the last time I was active was around 2015-2016 with my old account, similar to you I got a new PC after my old one died, forgot my username and password, I also came back because of that dreaded monkey on our backs, welcome back.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I'm not positive that I do, but if your join date is correct I'd be leaving around the time you joined (or something like that...have we established how closely my memory resembles scrambled eggs?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
Welcome back. I like your avatar.
Thanks! Would love to see the northern lights in person someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75 View Post
Welcome back!
Yeah, some of us are still here. My sun is still shining as bright as it was then.
It wouldn't be SAS without mm75!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
Hi

I remember you. Welcome back.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerAnimal View Post
I think I remember seeing your username years ago, I think the last time I was active was around 2015-2016 with my old account, similar to you I got a new PC after my old one died, forgot my username and password, I also came back because of that dreaded monkey on our backs, welcome back.
I wasn't on here during those years, but something like 2007-2011 would have been the most active. Yeeeup, I know that makes it a bit of a stretch if I'm looking for old friends.

Anyway, thanks - best of luck on shaking that monkey off. <--Which definitely sounds like innuendo.

I'll see myself out.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:06 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I don't doubt that, but Tupac i would put on the top of the totem pole as far as being "real." With the albums "Thug Life Vol. 1" and "Me Against the World" Tupac exemplified what it was like to grow up in tough ghetto violent and desperate surroundings. "Thug Life" which he had tattooed on his chest became his trademark, and rebellious (big word) and disenfranchised troubled youth all saw something in Tupac that represented their own struggle and hopelessness. Tupac sold over 100 million albums after his death, which is only second to Eminem in hip hop sales all time. Eminem has over 140 Million sold. But yes, Tupac represented realness more than anyone at least in the hip hop community, but i would grant you second place on that list.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
SAS Member

Oh, I definitely remember you welcome back E!

They say it doesn't hurt.

-Carl McCunn
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cheat View Post
Oh, I definitely remember you welcome back E!
Woah! Wait wait wait, L? I will PM!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:25 AM
I am average!

Hello, I definitely don't remember you but welcome back
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:49 AM
SAS Member

Welcome. Good luck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page