Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   The First Step (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f25/)
-   -   I already see names I recognize (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f25/i-already-see-names-i-recognize-2226059/)

illusion_of_happiness 08-06-2019 05:55 PM

I already see names I recognize

Hi there! It's been a minute. I posted here regularly years ago. The proverbial monkey on my back called social anxiety dragged me kicking and screaming back to the forums. Okay well, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic, but monkeys can be strong ya know. :afr

Truth is even now, it's still nice to know that other people experience the same or similar things that I do on a daily basis. Last year I had a rough go with anxiety (albeit surprisingly not the social aspect) and now that I'm more or less back to my baseline, I'd like a spot where I can ask specific questions and share curiosities that nobody else can relate to. That, and I tend to be the cat that curiosity killed; I can't not know what SAS is up to these days.

We're all in this together - I mean, kind of. We're all in this separately, in different time zones, on the internet machine. Yeah that's more realistic. :con

I couldn't remember my exact username and password combo and wasn't able to obtain it through other means, but no biggie as this is essentially the same username. Whether anyone remembers me or not, I have no idea. Kinda curious what some people I lost touch with might be up to if they still kick it here. Figure most of them moved on though. Much has happened since I've last been here. I don't know if I'll be staying. I don't even remember how long it's been since I left the site. To be continued, I guess? Everybody loves a good cliffhanger. (Shhh yes they do)

-Illusion

Toad Licker 08-06-2019 06:00 PM

Hey illusion of happiness, welcome back. I remember your username. :b

illusion_of_happiness 08-06-2019 06:10 PM

Hiya, Toad Licker. Who could forget a name like that?? & Thanks!

Sidenote: I feel like you haven't actually licked a toad before, but I'd love nothing more than to hear a hallucination-filled toad-licking story. A girl can dream.

Suchness 08-06-2019 06:47 PM

Might recognize me as one of the realest.

versikk 08-07-2019 03:55 AM

Hey
Posted via Mobile Device

Silent Memory 08-07-2019 04:13 AM

Welcome back. :) I like your avatar.

sprinter 08-07-2019 05:54 AM

Welcome back. There's still some of us around from back then who never left.

millenniumman75 08-07-2019 08:12 AM

Welcome back! :)
Yeah, some of us are still here. My sun is still shining as bright as it was then. :lol

Scrub-Zero 08-07-2019 09:01 AM

Hi

I remember you. Welcome back.

InnerAnimal 08-07-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illusion_of_happiness (Post 1093778249)
Hi there! It's been a minute. I posted here regularly years ago. The proverbial monkey on my back called social anxiety dragged me kicking and screaming back to the forums. Okay well, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic, but monkeys can be strong ya know. :afr

Truth is even now, it's still nice to know that other people experience the same or similar things that I do on a daily basis. Last year I had a rough go with anxiety (albeit surprisingly not the social aspect) and now that I'm more or less back to my baseline, I'd like a spot where I can ask specific questions and share curiosities that nobody else can relate to. That, and I tend to be the cat that curiosity killed; I can't not know what SAS is up to these days.

We're all in this together - I mean, kind of. We're all in this separately, in different time zones, on the internet machine. Yeah that's more realistic. :con

I couldn't remember my exact username and password combo and wasn't able to obtain it through other means, but no biggie as this is essentially the same username. Whether anyone remembers me or not, I have no idea. Kinda curious what some people I lost touch with might be up to if they still kick it here. Figure most of them moved on though. Much has happened since I've last been here. I don't know if I'll be staying. I don't even remember how long it's been since I left the site. To be continued, I guess? Everybody loves a good cliffhanger. (Shhh yes they do)

-Illusion

I think I remember seeing your username years ago, I think the last time I was active was around 2015-2016 with my old account, similar to you I got a new PC after my old one died, forgot my username and password, I also came back because of that dreaded monkey on our backs, welcome back.

illusion_of_happiness 08-07-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suchness (Post 1093778289)

I'm not positive that I do, but if your join date is correct I'd be leaving around the time you joined (or something like that...have we established how closely my memory resembles scrambled eggs?)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Memory (Post 1093778567)
Welcome back. :) I like your avatar.

Thanks! Would love to see the northern lights in person someday.
Quote:

Originally Posted by millenniumman75 (Post 1093778721)
Welcome back! :)
Yeah, some of us are still here. My sun is still shining as bright as it was then. :lol

It wouldn't be SAS without mm75! :clap
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero (Post 1093778779)
Hi

I remember you. Welcome back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InnerAnimal (Post 1093778801)
I think I remember seeing your username years ago, I think the last time I was active was around 2015-2016 with my old account, similar to you I got a new PC after my old one died, forgot my username and password, I also came back because of that dreaded monkey on our backs, welcome back.

I wasn't on here during those years, but something like 2007-2011 would have been the most active. Yeeeup, I know that makes it a bit of a stretch if I'm looking for old friends.

Anyway, thanks - best of luck on shaking that monkey off. <--Which definitely sounds like innuendo. :tiptoe

I'll see myself out.

Disheveled and Lost 08-08-2019 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suchness (Post 1093778289)

I don't doubt that, but Tupac i would put on the top of the totem pole as far as being "real." With the albums "Thug Life Vol. 1" and "Me Against the World" Tupac exemplified what it was like to grow up in tough ghetto violent and desperate surroundings. "Thug Life" which he had tattooed on his chest became his trademark, and rebellious (big word) and disenfranchised troubled youth all saw something in Tupac that represented their own struggle and hopelessness. Tupac sold over 100 million albums after his death, which is only second to Eminem in hip hop sales all time. Eminem has over 140 Million sold. But yes, Tupac represented realness more than anyone at least in the hip hop community, but i would grant you second place on that list.

the cheat 08-08-2019 04:24 AM

Oh, I definitely remember you ;) welcome back E!

illusion_of_happiness 08-09-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cheat (Post 1093779397)
Oh, I definitely remember you ;) welcome back E!

Woah! Wait wait wait, L? I will PM!

Ominous Indeed 08-11-2019 04:25 AM

Hello, I definitely don't remember you but welcome back :)

Clem Fandango 08-11-2019 06:49 AM

Welcome. Good luck.