Hi. Introductions and nonsense alike. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hi. Introductions and nonsense alike.

Wanted to introduce myself and also share some experiences because I'm just not feeling good right now. I feel like I need to let it all out; and even though I might not feel able to say it all, I'll say what I can.

Whenever I get anxious I get super self-centered. Kind of like a self preservation mode. Regardless, here's an experience I had today:

--

What are normal experiences for a lot of people are a huge ordeal to me. Going to the supermarket, for example, is the most nerve-racking thing ever. Since I went in I was already breathing fast, walking fast... At the same time I was trying to look as normal as I possible look and not like a super anxious crazy person.

The entire time there was a battle against my impulses. I saw 2 cute girls which I had to ignore, because it makes me even more anxious when I'm near them. I had this older lady ask me for help loading some boxes of water bottles onto her cart because I'm tall, but I was struggling to carry their weight. My arms trembled because of the weight, but also because of me not wanting to be judged for being too weak.

The experience overall wasn't too bad on paper but I felt so horrible the whole way through.

In all honesty though, I met an employee there that was pretty cool to me. I'll always appreciate that. Patted me on the back like I was his bro.

Anyway if you read thus far thanx. I thus award you a gluten free cookie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Aspergian

Hey Black Rose, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:00 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Yeehaw
Hello,

My name is Boswell and I have been suffering from SAD and GAD for as long as I can remember. In my younger days alcohol was my vice and I have an addictive personality that I am working on with my girlfriend. She is my totem pole and helps me stay focused. However she suffers from severe depression and when she is low she is really down on herself and thinks everything is her fault. I know it's not her fault and I can't blame her for feeling this way but it stirs up my anxiety inside and it has caused me to get frustrated, angry, and emotional at times. I want to marry this woman and we have a dog and a cat together. I am a big believer in cannabis oil and we both use it for medical purposes. Last night I suggested that we look for a doctor so that she can start her therapy. She did it once and I have done the same. I told her that if she wants me to do it with her I am willing to participate. I joined this group to see if there are couples out there in the same situation or similar and can give some friendly advice.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:39 AM

Ello
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:24 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Welcome to the site. Lots of good people with good advice.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page