Hey guys - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hey guys

Hi im danny im 28 and new here. Ever since i was young ive feared any social encounters. I find myself constantly overthinking in the middle of conversations. Always thinking what the other might be thinking and trying to think of an okay response to whatever is being said. . i feel like the walls are closing in when im in a group of people. Even one on one with someone. People mistake me for quiet although i have many things to say just no social skills to express them and people will often apologize for.bothering me.because i may be coming off as dismissive while its all just because my brain constantly draws blanks from the anxiety and dont know what to respond with. Lately its extended to family as well. Idk what to do anymore im frustrated. Hence joining a support group. Lol ive tried zoloft and that didnt help i was wondering what avenues i could pursue to deal with this debilitating disorder. Its humiliating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 AM
SAS Member

Language: Turkish, English
My Mood: Confused
I just want to say, welcome to the forum
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Aspergian

Hey Danny, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homo Sapiens Sapiens View Post
I just want to say, welcome to the forum <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Licker View Post
Hey Danny, welcome to SAS. <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif"border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
why thank you very much! Now who in here has the cure for this terrible disorder?!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 02:23 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soci4llyChallenged
Now who in here has the cure for this terrible disorder?!
^ Not me...

Anyways, Welcome to SAS.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 02:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soci4llyChallenged View Post
Hi im danny im 28 and new here. Ever since i was young ive feared any social encounters. I find myself constantly overthinking in the middle of conversations. Always thinking what the other might be thinking and trying to think of an okay response to whatever is being said. . i feel like the walls are closing in when im in a group of people. Even one on one with someone. People mistake me for quiet although i have many things to say just no social skills to express them and people will often apologize for.bothering me.because i may be coming off as dismissive while its all just because my brain constantly draws blanks from the anxiety and dont know what to respond with. Lately its extended to family as well. Idk what to do anymore im frustrated. Hence joining a support group. Lol ive tried zoloft and that didnt help i was wondering what avenues i could pursue to deal with this debilitating disorder. Its humiliating.
That basically sums it up. Welcome.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page