Hey guys! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Destroying Social Anxiety

Hey guys!

What's up? I'm John, 26 years old and have been fighting Social Anxiety ever since I was about 14/15 years old.

Over these 11/12 years I have never really managed to completely eliminate my Social Anxiety, but it's gotten much better with time and life experience.

Nowadays I can make friends and have conversations with people, but I never really managed to become truly comfortable in these situations...

It's like my body did learn the tricks about how to disguise/handle Social Anxiety, but subconsciously the fear is still there, it never really went away.

Hope you know what I mean...

Anyway, I joined this forum not only to see how other people deal with this condition, but also to help others with the things I already know.

I imagine most users in this forum have much worse Social Anxiety than me right now, so I thought helping people in a situation I've already been through would be a good use of my time.

I really want to help people, maybe that would even help me! I really want to do something good and help improve people's lives, as cheesy as it may sound!

Also hope to meet some cool people around here and make some new friends!

Glad to be here! And sorry for the long post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 07:05 PM
SAS Member

Nice to meet you. Welcome!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 08:04 PM
A friend you haven't met.

Welcome to the forum!
Nice to hear you're coping fairly well with your anxiety and want to help others in return
Your advice is welcome here, feel free to PM me if you need anything!
also, I love reading a long post as long it has paragraphs .

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:30 PM
SAS Member

Hey, John! It's great that you joined - I don't think there are any other forums specifically for SA that are well known. There is also The Comfort Spot which is extremely support oriented if you want to check that out, but that has people with far more serious problems and can get really depressing, plus the focus is not on SA.

Also, your profile picture really looks like my uncle (which is a compliment - I think my uncle's an awesome friendly dude ).
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:35 PM
Permanently Banned

Hi , john , wlecome aboard !
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 09:44 PM
SAS Member

Hi john
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Destroying Social Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky92 View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Nice to hear you're coping fairly well with your anxiety and want to help others in return
Your advice is welcome here, feel free to PM me if you need anything!
also, I love reading a long post as long it has paragraphs .
Thanks! Sure, I'll PM if anything comes up! Not too much trouble so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminereal View Post
Hey, John! It's great that you joined - I don't think there are any other forums specifically for SA that are well known. There is also The Comfort Spot which is extremely support oriented if you want to check that out, but that has people with far more serious problems and can get really depressing, plus the focus is not on SA.

Also, your profile picture really looks like my uncle (which is a compliment - I think my uncle's an awesome friendly dude ).
Hey, am I that old??

I felt I had to use a picture of myself, it's another way to face fears, expose myself instead of hiding.

I was definitely looking for a forum focused on Social Anxiety, I don't really know much about other conditions. Maybe just OCD, some of it kinda comes with Social Anxiety!

I notice there's a lot of depressing and negative mentalities over this kind of issues, but I usually try to talk about it with positivity and not as if it's a big deal, I think it just doesn't help to take life so seriously.

Yeah, as you can see I'm kind of a philosopher too... I have a whole philosophy about this kind of stuff!

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.", Albert Einstein
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Kawaii Harp Seal Kitten!

Hey John!
You seem to be a really awesome person, and I'm so glad for how you're fighting SA and how determined you are with helping others!
I'm trying to do the same, so welcome aboard. ^^

Let me give you a cookie & a hug~

Anyone feel free to add me on Skype for chatting! I'm always available listening.
ID: lillyxoredrum
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 04:33 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Welcome, JohnParker123!

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 07:02 PM
SAS Member

hello john! And everyone else!

My name is Janet, and I have been suffering with SA for about 6 years now. I can't seem to understand it, it's gotten a lot worse these past two years and I am looking for support . I am embarrassed to talk about it with family and friends and when I found this website i got really happy. So I currently work in a business setting and I have meetings 2 a week with different representatives. I am always very nervous to meet new people and I feel that I cope by smiling a lot and just look like a complete goof. I need advice and would appreciate some tips.

J.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page