Hey everyone - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah

Hey everyone

First time user on SAS and came across the introduction boards. Figured I might as well share a little info about myself.

I'm 22 years old. Born in Jersey, grew up in Brooklyn and currently live in Long Island. I have battled depression and social anxiety since I was 11 or 12 years old. It hasn't gotten any better, but I've learned to live with it and suppress it as an adult.

I'm a college student in New York, but still unsure what I want to do. Sometimes I feel like I'm here for no reason. I have hopes to one day ride my bike across the country into California. Who knows, maybe I meet someone on the boards who says "**** it" and rides with me. I would love a partner lol.

My biggest (and one of my only passions) is animal welfare. I'm also a fan of Houston sports teams (Rockets, Stros, Texans) even though I have no affiliation with the city, and watch MMA as well.

Anyone else can check off the same boxes as me? Would be cool to meet a fellow vegan/Rockets fan/explorer on here lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 11:28 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
First time user on SAS and came across the introduction boards. Figured I might as well share a little info about myself.

I'm 22 years old. Born in Jersey, grew up in Brooklyn and currently live in Long Island. I have battled depression and social anxiety since I was 11 or 12 years old. It hasn't gotten any better, but I've learned to live with it and suppress it as an adult.

I'm a college student in New York, but still unsure what I want to do. Sometimes I feel like I'm here for no reason. I have hopes to one day ride my bike across the country into California. Who knows, maybe I meet someone on the boards who says "**** it" and rides with me. I would love a partner lol.

My biggest (and one of my only passions) is animal welfare. I'm also a fan of Houston sports teams (Rockets, Stros, Texans) even though I have no affiliation with the city, and watch MMA as well.

Anyone else can check off the same boxes as me? Would be cool to meet a fellow vegan/Rockets fan/explorer on here lol.

Hi, I'm 23 from Pakistan .. hope you're spending good & that you get to spend the way you've just wished. I have severe SAD as well. I don't care much about depression but always seem to focus on SAD. Anticipating over everything. Our lives are made hard. We don't have sense of satisfaction even though we are given satisfactory things by God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Aspergian

Hey bklyn, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 06:02 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
I'm not a Rockets fan but I'm rooting for them to beat the Warriors. I don't think Durant should be rewarded his plastic rings.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 10:50 PM
SAS Member

Hi everyone Im new here

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page