Hey - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hey

Hi
My names Rachel, I’m 26 and from the UK. Iv been suffering from social anxiety for as long as I can remember.
I am still able function in everyday life, be it work, shopping, spending time with people, despite the fact I’m riddled with anxiety throughout, I still do these things.
Most people in my life don’t know that I have it because Iv learned to just hide it so well and ‘act’ somewhat confident in everyday life.
Having social anxiety sucks the enjoyment out of whatever it is that I am doing and even though i choose to push through it, the feeling of nervousness, awkwardness and unease is always there.
I have recently started seeing a therapist over the past few months and although it has helped me discover where my social anxiety has originated from and how my core beliefs continue my negative thinking. It doesn’t make anything less intense for me.
I am hoping to meet people on here that can Maybe relate to me or anyone who has advanced in their recovery and may be able to give some advice on how to manage/overcome their issues.
Thanks 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 09:38 AM
Aspergian

Hey Rachel, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page