Hello again - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2021, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Oh jeez... okay.
 
Fat Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 1,852
My Mood: Worried

Hello again


Hello again,

Since it's been a while, I figured I should make an introduction post. I was active on this website a few years ago, but for whatever reason, I stopped coming here around 2017. Since being gone, I've had many ups and downs in life. Over the past three years, I've had three jobs and have met my fair share of great people who changed my life for the better, some of which became good friends. My SA was still a problem, but I was able to keep it under control. Unfortunately, things are different nowadays, and life isn't going so well. I let my social anxiety get the best of me, and I turned down several life-changing opportunities and ruined all of my friendships. Now I'm lonely, my mental state is in bad shape, and I don't know what to do. I feel so worthless, and it's pretty much all my fault. I'm working on my issues little by little each day, but I have a long way to go before I can get my life back on track.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a good day

Hello
Fat Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2021, 02:19 PM
SAS Member
 
OCDguy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
Hi there, thank you for sharing your story. It saddens me to hear things aren't going so well for you at the moment... Have you thought about talking things through with your Doctor etc? Please share with us your immediate concerns and goals. We are after all, here to help and support each other.
OCDguy1 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2021, 02:25 PM
Temporarily Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,176
Sorry to hear that bud....yea life can take unexpected turns....just when you think you've overcome the SA...a life changing situation makes you realize the SA is still there.....trust me.
But...don't be ashamed, it happens to us all. As long as you keep pushing forward, you are never truly defeated.
VIncymon is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2021, 09:03 PM
SAS Member
 
Lil Miss Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Southern California
Language: English
Gender: Female
Posts: 126
My Mood: Blah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Man View Post
Hello again,

Since it's been a while, I figured I should make an introduction post. I was active on this website a few years ago, but for whatever reason, I stopped coming here around 2017. Since being gone, I've had many ups and downs in life. Over the past three years, I've had three jobs and have met my fair share of great people who changed my life for the better, some of which became good friends. My SA was still a problem, but I was able to keep it under control. Unfortunately, things are different nowadays, and life isn't going so well. I let my social anxiety get the best of me, and I turned down several life-changing opportunities and ruined all of my friendships. Now I'm lonely, my mental state is in bad shape, and I don't know what to do. I feel so worthless, and it's pretty much all my fault. I'm working on my issues little by little each day, but I have a long way to go before I can get my life back on track.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a good day
Hi Hi

SA can be a beast sometimes. Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch.
Lil Miss Fire is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2021, 03:29 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 252
welcome back fatman
irishkarl is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2021, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Oh jeez... okay.
 
Fat Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 1,852
My Mood: Worried
Thank you for your kind welcomes everyone I apologize for being late to respond


Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDguy1 View Post
Hi there, thank you for sharing your story. It saddens me to hear things aren't going so well for you at the moment... Have you thought about talking things through with your Doctor etc? Please share with us your immediate concerns and goals. We are after all, here to help and support each other.
Thank you for your support.

I don't have health insurance anymore. I tried applying for my state's health insurance plan, but I was denied. Right now I'm trying to find a job with health benefits. When I get insurance, I plan to go back to therapy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
Sorry to hear that bud....yea life can take unexpected turns....just when you think you've overcome the SA...a life changing situation makes you realize the SA is still there.....trust me.
But...don't be ashamed, it happens to us all. As long as you keep pushing forward, you are never truly defeated.
Thank you. At this point in my life, the only option I have is to push forward, no matter how hard life gets or how bad I mess up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Miss Fire View Post
Hi Hi

SA can be a beast sometimes. Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch.
Thank you for your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkarl View Post
welcome back fatman
Thanks

Hello
Fat Man is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2021, 10:05 AM
❤️ Terminator ❤️
 
iAmCodeMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Language: English, some Italian. Also Australianisms and Swearing.
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Posts: 13,005
Welcome back! I hope things get better for you

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
iAmCodeMonkey is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome