Hello - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: English

Hello

Hey all, I am new here.

I used to use reddit a lot but found it to be a little bit difficult to get along with people and their wasn't much of a sense of community.

From experience I think I always had social anxiety. I had a couple years of almost being anxiety free, but then school kind of broke me down and I lost a lot of my own confidence when I started being unsuccessful in school. I managed to graduate and now I get a lot of anxiety when talking to my boss even though he is nice...he's still a person of authority. I am constantly paranoid I am going to be laid off even though I shouldn't be worried. I am too afraid to find a new job because I choke during interviews and just can't think straight. I find myself failing badly and severely embarrassing myself.

During my two year of almost being anxiety free, I was just in college, made a huge push to put myself out their. Been in a relationship and we are still together but my anxiety is back. We both kind of turned into hermits in a rock and haven't had much friends since.

I feel like I haven't lived the past few years but I am struggling to put myself out their...and to be honest, being in a relationship it's harder because at least I was meeting people in dating apps...and I find people are more likely to hangout with other single people...

So I feel kind of lost on how to meet people.

I am highly dependent with online relationships. For the majority of my life i had friends virtually, mainly because typing is way more comfortable. People want to go on discord and talk...but I have nothing to say...and my anxiety spikes again because I can't even talk. It's weird, video game communities I used to be able to make friends because I used to just need to type...now everyone uses discord and it is so much harder for me to make friends. Those who talk on discord usually stay friends and I'm just an outcast.

Anyways...I guess I went off topic...didn't want to leave an empty intro and turned this to a rant haha.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to talking to people here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 06:17 AM
Aspergian

Hey Lilgreenturtle, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 08:13 AM
SAS Member

welcome to sas......by the way you mentioned wanting to meet new people....well i have some advice.....im a member of a mental health club.....these are places where mentally ill folk can go to participtae in creative writing, art, drama, yoga, or group therpay to name but a few activities, or else you can just drop in for a coffee and a chat.....in these places you will meet likeminded people who care and unsderstand and have been through it......theyre nice humble understanding folk......having social anxiety would qualify you for membership, if thats not enough you can just say you have depression aswell. Mental health clubs are in most cities and towns

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page