Hello - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Hello

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Not really sure where I'm meant to start? I've had social anxiety my whole life. When I was a kid I had what I'm told was selective mutism, mostly in school. I grew out of that particular issue by the time I was a teenager but my anxiety remained present as ever. I just feel completely useless in life. I don't really have anyone to talk to and I just don't really know what to do at this point. I just don't feel like a functional human... I can't take care of myself, I can't work, I can't even make a doctors appointment for myself. I just hate myself so much. I try to force myself to do things, to go out more, go to interviews, I've been trying to talk myself into therapy for months now and I'm almost convinced. But then I second guess it because I don't feel like I have anything to talk about... I mean I know I have anxiety, clearly that's the problem at hand, I just don't have words. I feel like my brain is just empty most the time. I can never think of anything to say to anyone. Yes, no, thank you... that's about it. I don't even know what I'm doing here right now. If I'm looking for advice or just need to vent... I just can't take being trapped inside my head much longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 05:50 PM
Aspergian

Hey imnobody, welcome to SAS.

Even if our scars donít match thereís no wrong you canít make better if you can figure out a way to change your mind.

And sure thereís things I regret not doing or doing. Those thoughts climb my spine like spiders, and then Iím really the stranger in my own bed,

and that ball of nervous gets pushed into every crack. Thatís whatís holding the bricks together.

- Listener
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 09:26 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
Welcome to the site. Therapy can help. It will help you get to the root of your anxiety and provide you helpful wasy of dealing with your anxiety

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:16 PM
SAS Member

Language: English.
Hello and welcome to SAS. This is a very supportive place. c:

Reach out when you need too.

"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:00 PM

Ellow
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 01:44 PM
SAS Member

You’re not the only one, don’t feel alone please.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 02:20 PM
SAS Member

Language: Spanish, French, Javascript, SQL
My Mood: Blah
I used to have selective mutism as a child too. Sometimes I still do it and it's hard to explain that feeling. Anyway welcome!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page