Writing everything down? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Writing everything down?

Hello! I'm in my late twenties and not doing well. No friends, no real job, all that.

Last week I decided to write down everything that I think added up over the years and made me end up in this situation.
It's weird to do that. Half the time I am calm while I type away but other times I have to stop because I start feeling horrible.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it once I'm done. I even wrote down things I never told my old therapist about.

Did anyone else do something like this? Did it help you somehow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
It is hard for me to write it all down, and try to make something coherent out of why and how I have the struggles I have today. Writing used to be very freeing for me, but it's hard to commit to it now. It just kind of intensifies my pain and I don't know if it helps me.

Life's Wack
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:25 PM
bipolar

My wife tells me I should keep a journal to keep track of my moods and how much medication I'm taking etc. I write it down sometimes but I often just forget. Also I often feel it so intensely that writing is the last thing I want to do - so I find myself trying to write it down after the fact and trying to remember how I felt. It's a bit tricky.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thank you for your answers!
I can see why it can be tricky. It's difficult to write something down without reliving it in a way.
At first I tried to write down everything in chronological order but it sounded very confusing. I'm trying to divide everything into topics like "bullying" or "body issues" and it's not like I'm writing a story. I use elaborated bullet points, if that makes any sense.
I also only ever write when I am somewhat in the mood for it. I don't think it's good to force yourself to do it.
I guess I am just going to have to find out if this will do me any good.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 05:56 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastelclouds View Post
Thank you for your answers!
I can see why it can be tricky. It's difficult to write something down without reliving it in a way.
At first I tried to write down everything in chronological order but it sounded very confusing. I'm trying to divide everything into topics like "bullying" or "body issues" and it's not like I'm writing a story. I use elaborated bullet points, if that makes any sense.
I also only ever write when I am somewhat in the mood for it. I don't think it's good to force yourself to do it.
I guess I am just going to have to find out if this will do me any good.
I think it might be good - but you'll have to see how it makes you feel, like you say. Welcome to SAS anyway.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bitchy
It might be helpful to also do something positive -like a list of things you want to work on and things you are grateful for?

It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls, for the times they are a changing.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:08 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
rite it up, around, between, all over, thru, over, after, behind, in or Out?? across, upwardly? overall, anyone ever experienced any dictionary? my answer = they never have
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssia View Post
It might be helpful to also do something positive -like a list of things you want to work on and things you are grateful for?
Thanks for your answer. I'm doing something similar to that. For example: When I write down a thing that bothers me about my looks I also mention the things I'm doing to improve myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchy666 View Post
rite it up, around, between, all over, thru, over, after, behind, in or Out?? across, upwardly? overall, anyone ever experienced any dictionary? my answer = they never have
Sorry, but I'm confused? 👀
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
I don't know why but I read that as "Writing everything upside down"

As a matter of fact, my brain was probably trying to tell me why I read it that way. Seems like I always want to kinda read things wrong or something.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page