Why do people invite others to things if they don't want them to go? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
Question

Why do people invite others to things if they don't want them to go?

My roommate invited me to hang out with her and her friends because they were going to watch the sequel to a movie (after they had watched the first in our room and invited me to watch with them) a few days ago, however last night they watched it in a different dorms lounge and though she told me she was going to text me when they were going to, she never did. I understand we don't have to be close as roommates, but my question is why even bother inviting me if she didn't want me to go? Was it just an obligatory polite invitation that she didn't expect me to accept? I genuinely don't understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 11:45 AM
⚾🚀📝📸🎬💾🎲⛰🍪💡

Language: None
Maybe it came together quickly and they didn't want to wait to coordinate with another person. Maybe her friends decided to watch on the spur of the moment after they'd gathered there and she felt awkward about delaying them to wait for you. Maybe one of her friends didn't want you there since you're not part of their friend group.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page