Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Which first names do you dislike because of people you have met?

819 views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  WillYouStopDave 
#1 ·
​For example I don't like the name Jamie because I never liked a Jamie in school.

#2 ·
I've had an abnormal amount of very bad experiences (mostly online) with women named Emily, Becca, and Krista, so those names put me on my guard.

I'm not too fond of the name Cory because of a Cory who acted like a douche toward me, too. Though as far as I remember it was just that one guy.

I don't really dislike these names, they just trigger negative emotions/associations in me and I develop hostile feelings toward their owners without getting to know them first.

#4 ·
Colt -- the name of the leader of the bullies who made me want to kill myself when I was 13. I don't remember the names of most of the others, but him... I don't think I'll ever stop hating him. ****ing stupid name too, IMO.

#8 ·
I think every terrible person in my life has had a different name. But I guess the name that strikes the most terror is Brandy, just because she kept popping up unexpectedly over the last 13 years whenever I was sure I'd never see her again.

#12 ·
Anthony, Mark.

#14 ·
There are things I've noticed about people who have certain names, but I won't say what those names are because I know that some people here have them, and I don't want them to think my post is about them. :)

#17 ·
I tend to focus more on the last name because most first names are common enough that you'll encounter them more than once. Either that or it is the combination of the first and last name that bothers me. That's unique enough to where you only think of one person when you think about their first and last name together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.