Where do you find courage to do things out of your comfort zone? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Question

Where do you find courage to do things out of your comfort zone?

Hi (:

So, I'm applying to graduate school soon....that is IF I can manage to ask for letters of recommendation from my professors.

I hate how it comes so easy to many people I know, but It feels impossible for me. I have a huge fear of rejection and I'm very quiet so I fear they may say no even though I'm a good student.

I have been OBSESSING over this for at least two months now. It's beginning to consume my free time. How silly...

My question? How do you deal with any social situation that makes you particularly uncomfortable?

The one thing all famous authors, world class athletes, business tycoons, singers, actors, and celebrated achievers in any field have in common is that they all began their journeys when they were none of these things.

Yet still, they began their journeys.

-Mike Dooley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 11:34 PM
SAS Member

Bite the bullet and do it. You don't even need to ask in person you could just email them and ask them if they wouldn't mind doing it. It's just part of their job- professors do it all the time and expect to do it, so don't freak out. They will just be happy you are continuing with your studies and would be very unlikely to say anything detrimental to your chances of getting in... There's no law against being quiet anyway!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page