What was it that I saw in the sky last night? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

What was it that I saw in the sky last night?

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 10:06 PM
SAS Member

Yeah, I used to see a lot of these on my nightly walks. I don't know if you call them meteors or bolides or what, but they're really exciting. ^-^

The most spectacular one I've seen actually flashed and illuminated the area around me. It made a noise too.~
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Sassy

I would have thought it was a spaceship and run screaming for cover.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I was hoping it was a search party coming to take me back to my home planet, but I'm still here.

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

Henry David Thoreau
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 11:47 PM
untitled document

Language: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri
I would have thought it was a spaceship and run screaming for cover.
If it was, I hope all the occupants got to the escape capsule in time. Sad to travel light years only to burn up on entry.

I've seen a couple meteors that got low enough to be bright and leave a visible trail for a second, but nothing that good.

As far as glowing green, here's a story from a quick google (unfortunately no pictures).

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 05:58 AM

omg are you serious??? make sure they didnt probe you... when I first read it I thought.UFOS.Alien Aircraft.Abductions.

AHhh lucky ******* got to see a UFO.wish I was there.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 AM
gone

Meteor.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 06:59 AM
"Semi-retired" SAS Member

If you can access the area where it fell, it would be cool to look around to see if you could find any meterite fragments.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Potato

I was standing in my dining room once and saw a huge white thing flash downwards in the sky. It wasn't as big or close as what you saw, but it was still something cool. Too bad I was the only one facing the window because everyone STILL doesn't believe what I saw..
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 07:31 AM
SAS Veteran

i have seen some type of aircraft (human) act pretty strange. I used to see all these "UFOs" look as if they stopped in mid-air but turned out to be airplanes-apparently slowing down because they were headed toward the air port and had to wait their turn to land,lol.

"A simple man believes everything he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15-The New English Bible
'O the depth of God's richness and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgements are and past tracing out his ways are!'-Romans 11:33
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 09:08 AM

Oh yes, maybe the aliens have finally landed! Maybe there's still hope.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:12 AM

That is so cool. I've seen some pretty interesting things in the sky, a long time ago i saw these weird triangle things in the sky that were moving in a wierd way. I would love to be able to see something cool like that again.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:17 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesofmaine
If you can access the area where it fell, it would be cool to look around to see if you could find any meterite fragments.
There's money in them there rocks!

I read an article recently about a meteorite hunter who found a 1,400lb. meteorite buried on a midwest farm and it was estimated to be worth more than a million bucks!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 12:34 PM
SAS Member

Isn't bright green like copper or something?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 12:52 PM

Swamp gas or ball lightning.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 01:19 PM
gone

Now ball lightning, that would be something to behold. It's quite rare.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melusine
That is so cool. I've seen some pretty interesting things in the sky, a long time ago i saw these weird triangle things in the sky that were moving in a wierd way. I would love to be able to see something cool like that again.
Are you serious?! I wasn't going to say anything (and now it probably seems like I'm making this up, esp. after my post about living in a haunted house) but we've had the same sightings here. Well, I didn't see it, but my cousin and a friend of his watched triangle shaped objects in the sky performing what he said were intricate maneuvers for over an hour. He said they seemed to follow some type of intricate geometrical pattern, were moving at incredible speed, and seemed to defy all known laws of physics.

When he told the story to his mom and dad (my aunt and uncle), his dad got a really serious look on his face and later confessed that he had seen the same thing. I could possibly see my cousin making it up, knowing that kid, but even that is doubtful. As far as my uncle, there's no way he would make something up like that. He's a very logical, no nonsense kind of guy. He seemed genuinely bothered by what he had seen.

Henry David Thoreau
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
"Semi-retired" SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by living in darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melusine
Are you serious?! I wasn't going to say anything (and now it probably seems like I'm making this up, esp. after my post about living in a haunted house) but we've had the same sightings here. Well, I didn't see it, but my cousin and a friend of his watched triangle shaped objects in the sky performing what he said were intricate maneuvers for over an hour. He said they seemed to follow some type of intricate geometrical pattern, were moving at incredible speed, and seemed to defy all known laws of physics.
Maybe some kind of fancy 'stunt' kites? I've read they've been known to create sightings like that.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 05:11 PM
SAS Member

This is cool, once I saw this flashing light in the sky that would stay in one place then disappear and move to another place then it just dissappeared all together. And everytime it moved it seemed to be getting closer, it wasn't a plane.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 09:13 AM

That sounds pretty neat. Don't have much idea what it could have been though. Meteors are usually too fast to get a good look at. Ball Lightening?, maybe... I've seen one before, but it wasn't like your description.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page