post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

What trivial things get you down?

The dog barking for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 06:10 PM
bipolar

Dog barking can be annoying actually. One of our old dogs used to bark a lot and just generally look like she wanted to rip people's throats out if anyone came to the door - scared the living daylights out of the poor devils. Very loud and very annoying.

I'm not sure. I wouldn't say it gets me down per se, but driving nowadays I find a bit stressful. Quite tiring too.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 07:39 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
I don't know about "getting me down" (if by that you mean depressed). But many "trivial" things annoy me. Though I think that if something annoys you, by definition it's non-trivial.

It annoys me when people turn lights off in frequently used rooms when everyone is awake. Now that LED is a thing, there is just no sense in turning them on and off all the time.

Many other things.

/WYSD
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 08:23 PM
SAS Member

Sounds messed up, but I actually get down when people ask/invite me to do things. Deep down inside I want to go, but I know the anxiety will rear it's head and make me feel uncomfortable. So I just always decline. Then I end up super lonely/sad. Lose/Lose I guess.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-26-2020, 10:33 AM
Fupa King

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modestdee View Post
Sounds messed up, but I actually get down when people ask/invite me to do things. Deep down inside I want to go, but I know the anxiety will rear it's head and make me feel uncomfortable. So I just always decline. Then I end up super lonely/sad. Lose/Lose I guess.
Yeah, the difficulty lies for me in what I want to enjoy, but I know my brain is going to make it as difficult as possible for me to do so. Hard to enjoy being in the presence of people when your brain has you feeling in tension with them.

Life's Wack
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2020, 08:53 PM
Secretly Che Guevara

Language: American Sign Language
My Mood: Brooding
ooh i like this one... i have a lot. i can't stand having hangnails. i feel bad for balloons when they deflate. i hate it when water bottles aren't COMPLETELY filled. like, they have to be, to the very brim, even on the screwy part at the top. i know these are more of pet peeves but it's kinda hard for me to get affected by trivial things... um, a lot of times, my friends dont respond to my texts (and then they stop being my friends), it seems insignificant but that gets me genuinely down because i dont feel important. or they dont give me the same intensity that i give them, that's not that trivial tho. a lot of times, people will say something short and meaningless or they'll comment on my behavior even while meaning well and it makes me feel bad about myself. like one time i rushed past a guy who had opened the door for himself and he commented on my not saying thank you, i couldnt really because i was practically running and i was kinda preoccupied at the time. uh, that made me REALLY upset for some reason. it affected me for the whole dang rest of the day.

somebody cares about you.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2020, 12:38 PM
Failure's Art

I hate it when my PC or one of the apps crashes. This annoys me to no end.

You live up in your head
Scared of every little noise
Someone's always breaking in accidentally
Using nothing but their voice
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2020, 10:56 AM
SAS Member

not being able to initiate friendship but then finding friends who don't respect your boundaries.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2020, 11:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Everything. I'm way too sensitive.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2020, 11:54 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
phone battery %

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2020, 04:31 AM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

Getting a phone call. Having to talk to someone on the phone can ruin my whole day.

Doing laundry. I hate my clothes so much I want to soak them in lighter fluid and set them on fire.

Finding out about an interesting book and then not being able to read it because it's not at the library and I can't afford to buy it and there aren't any e versions I can dl.

Spoiled food. I left a bag of buns out too long and they went moldy before I had a chance to eat more than two. Not a lot of money, but when you have no money, stupid mistakes like that hurt and get me down.

Oh, and realizing that I'm completely useless at everything I try.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Toxic positivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2020, 10:14 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Toxic positivity

That's a pretty good one! I'm not sure if that's what I think it is or not (I'm too tired to try to put it into words right now but I have the idea of what it is in mind) but if it is, I hate hate hate it.

/WYSD
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Not like the other ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post

That's a pretty good one! I'm not sure if that's what I think it is or not (I'm too tired to try to put it into words right now but I have the idea of what it is in mind) but if it is, I hate hate hate it.
Basically ignoring someone's personal situation and telling them to 'just smile/be happy' or any form of criticism of something is shut down because it's negative. Yeah it irritates me and I see it a lot on social media. A lot of it is just not even knowing the person (because it's the internet,) and just being lazy because you're throwing some random thing out there, really motivated by wanting people to shut up.

Quote:
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2020, 05:11 AM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
Toxic positivity
Yeah, that **** pisses me off. There's a lot of cluelessness in the mental health field in general. A lot of the advice assumes a level of functionality that the person seeking help lacks. Stuff like: "Share your problems with a friend." If I had the kind of problems I could share, or friends to share them with, I wouldn't need a goddamn therapist. What part of "completely dysfunctional" did you not understand?

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2020, 05:02 PM
Not like the other ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Yeah, that **** pisses me off. There's a lot of cluelessness in the mental health field in general. A lot of the advice assumes a level of functionality that the person seeking help lacks. Stuff like: "Share your problems with a friend." If I had the kind of problems I could share, or friends to share them with, I wouldn't need a goddamn therapist. What part of "completely dysfunctional" did you not understand?
Yeah online at least I think a lot of advice isn't really aimed at people with severe or chronic mental health issues, it's mostly for high functioning people.

Quote:

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-04-2020, 09:46 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Things I find trivial don't really bring me into a depression. I mean, when I actually feel depressed over something due to the actions of others, I find them to be significant. I suppose the things other people find to be trivial and impact me, would be different. In real life, I am incredibly accommodating and laid back, and the things that bother me most, that I experience first hand, are just inconsideration toward myself and others. I think selfishness at the expense of others is something that bothers me. Selfishness in itself is fine, but just when people go out of their way to hurt others for personal gain, it just depresses me. I don't find that trivial though.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page