What's your least favorite vegetable? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Song and action man

What's your least favorite vegetable?

Mine's Cauliflower. I don't like Brussel Sprouts that much either but I can eat them.

“Just because you have a choice, it doesn't mean that any of them 'has' to be right."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Blah
Probably beets. I love most vegetables.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Probably lima beans. They taste like sadness and tears.

But I love pickled beets. And I like them roasted. But they have to be done right.

Edit: I don't like raw tomatoes either (not a vegetable, yadda yadda). They're gross and slimy. But I eat them because they're good for me.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:40 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
lol I was thinking Cauliflower when I opened this, but I don't know there are a few I don't like because they're meh tasting. Cauliflower is boring though.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Harvestor Of Sorrow

Mushrooms. So bland and the texture, ugh

And wet she rose from the lake, and fast and fleet went she
One half the form of a maiden fair with a jet black mare's body

And loud, long and shrill he blew til his steed was by his side
High overhead the grey hawk flew and swiftly did he ride
Saying "Course well, my brindled hound, and fetch me the jet black mare
Stoop and strike, my good grey hawk, and bring me the maiden fair"
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Marmalade Hat

My Mood: Devilish
Peppers. I pick them out of everything.

"People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think." - George Carlin
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
I also hate cucumbers. They have to put that crap in all sorts of sandwiches. So annoying.
I like cucumbers by themselves but I don't like them on sandwiches or salads.

Quote:
Most other vegetables I'm okay with. I like cauliflower and brussel sprouts.
Yeah. Only thing I don't like about them is waiting for them to cook and cleaning up. And you can't really cook it and keep the rest for later because they're best fresh. I love cauliflower though! Probably more than broccoli. It's just got a nicer texture and a slightly more buttery flavor.

/WYSD
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
☆ Moderator ☆

Whenever I try to eat pumpkin, I have to swallow it with a drink because I can't unless I have one. I don't know why, but it makes me feel like I'm going to be sick. It's not because I don't like it, but I don't really like it unless it's in soup.

I tried to eat an olive when I was 9, but when I bit into it, it looked like cooked meat. It was horrible. I don't like most vegetables unless they're in soup.

Beans, carrots and sprouts are probably the worst ones. I can't remember cabbage, but that's probably worse than the others.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:24 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
I don't know if they're a vegetable, but I find bell peppers (and to a lesser extent, various other kinds of peppers) to be utterly horrifying. Other dislikes are onions, celery, and cooked/stewed tomatoes (yeah, I know, that one is technically a fruit). I like those little green onions they put on top of things sometimes, though. Scallions?

With those latter three, it's the texture more than the flavor that disgusts me. (I like onion powder, and love cold sliced tomatoes. Celery...meh.) And I'm okay with a bit of chili powder or jalapeno flavor in certain things. Bell peppers, though? I hate everything about them. Vile, vile things.

Oh...I forgot carrots. Raw baby carrots are meh/okay, but I can't eat them because of my teeth. Cooked carrots... Hate carrot juice, too. Ditto with green beans, I've tried to like them but they're just...bleh.

There are lots of things like squash and Brussels sprouts that I've never eaten so I don't know what I'd think of them. I like potatoes, broccoli, raw cauliflower, raw cucumber slices, raw spinach leaves, various types of beans (technically not a veggie?), radishes (can't eat them because of my teeth ), I know I'm forgetting some things. Someone above mentioned mushrooms, also not a veggie, but OMG I love mushrooms! Especially raw.

I don't hate on vegetables, just on particular ones.

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:25 PM
SAS Member

There are plenty but cauliflower is the worst. Smells like feet and for all I know tastes like them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
I also hate cucumbers. They have to put that crap in all sorts of sandwiches. So annoying.
Not as much as lettuce. I don't know who ever decreed that every sandwich must have that crap on it.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
A lot of hating on cauliflower in this thread, lol. I'm not a big fan, but I find that it's so bland that it's a really useful way to extend foods that I do like, and make those foods healthier at the same time. I add cauliflower to anything that has sauce on it -- spaghetti, or mac & cheese, or anything with gravy -- because it just takes on the flavor of the sauce. I can't really taste it at all after that. It just tastes like cheese or gravy, etc.

@tehuti88 's post reminded me of a couple things: I love carrots! Raw, steamed, boiled, roasted -- whatever, I'll eat them. I can't eat radishes, but my mom loves them. And I like fresh white button mushrooms, but I don't really like cooked mushrooms. They get slimy and rubbery. I like them best when they're crisp in salads, etc. Celery is an absolute chore to eat. Every time I eat it I feel like I'm being punished. I try to only eat it if I have peanut butter or Cheez Whiz around. But that sort of defeats the purpose of eating healthy. (Incidentally, carrots are also good dipped in peanut butter, like celery.)

I love, love, love olives, but I don't know if I even consider them a vegetable.

And I agree with @Hank Scorpio : lettuce in sandwiches is just annoying. If I want to eat leafy greens I'll have a salad.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 02:32 AM
In Liquidation

I don't like most vegetables in general. I find their textures in general disgusting. But my least favorite would probably be Cabbage. They're are hard and takes a long time to chew. And taste very plastic-ish. My favorite would probably be Lettuce. Soft, easy to chew and quick to eat. I also like bell peppers and Okra which are a bit rare. Asparagus is a boom or bust. If cooked right, I like them. If not cooked right, I hate them. I also like Broccoli too, but it makes me gassy. Cucumbers I like too if raw or but hate it if cooked.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

If I fail to adapt to the fault of others, it is my fault.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 03:08 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Not as much as lettuce. I don't know who ever decreed that every sandwich must have that crap on it.
The only one I despise is iceberg lettuce. They SHOULD put Sandra Romaine lettuce on everything.

/WYSD
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 03:29 AM
noydb

My Mood: Sad

666th post !!

Cucumbers are disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
I add cauliflower to anything that has sauce on it -- spaghetti, or mac & cheese, or anything with gravy -- because it just takes on the flavor of the sauce. I can't really taste it at all after that. It just tastes like cheese or gravy, etc.
I'm going to start doing this, it's a good idea!

[spoiler=666] @geraltofrivia 666th post. Welcome to the party! [/spoiler]

Mc Borg is an emoji thief.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 05:26 AM
!

My Mood: Grumpy
Radish
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 05:28 AM
Orange Alert

My Mood: Worried
Radish. Doesn't really taste edible to me, more like how I'd imagine the contents of an ashtray would taste.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 05:45 AM
You tell me

Yuca. I can't really remember what it tastes like though because I haven't had it since I was a child. I just remember it having a taste so bland and stale it nauseated me. I'm also a little iffy on pumpkin but only if it's served as soup.

I pretty much like all other vegetables that I've tried.... now, but it took years for me to acquire a taste for most vegetables served raw, especially tomatoes, carrots and celery. I was about 18 before I could enjoy a salad. I think how vegetables are prepared can make or break the vegetable.

Some people don't like certain vegetables because they can taste a bitter flavour component that others can't detect. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, radish and turnips are among the biggest offenders apparently:
http://www.nature.com/news/2006/0609...s060918-1.html
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 05:55 AM
SAS Member

White asparagus. I eat them, but I have to drown them in lemon if I am to enjoy them on any level.

Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Elizabeth Gilbert

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Worried
I've never liked olives or beets. Pumpkins have always tasted kind of weird to me. Cabbage has tended to make me gassy, although I don't mind it. Sweet potatoes are the only way I won't eat potatoes, but I love them otherwise - fried, baked, buttered, mashed, gravy, etc. I'm still not completely used to broccoli, even when trying to eat it with cheese.

Although, I really just love most vegetables. At one point, I had steamed vegetables for my gastritis when I started trying to eat healthier so I found even vegetables I normally didn't tolerate tasted pretty great. I'm guessing some of them would also be more tolerable if just eaten with more salad dressing.

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 08:56 AM
SAS Member

Language: 英語と日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rains View Post
Yuca. I can't really remember what it tastes like though because I haven't had it since I was a child. I just remember it having a taste so bland and stale it nauseated me. I'm also a little iffy on pumpkin but only if it's served as soup.

I pretty much like all other vegetables that I've tried.... now, but it took years for me to acquire a taste for most vegetables served raw, especially tomatoes, carrots and celery. I was about 18 before I could enjoy a salad. I think how vegetables are prepared can make or break the vegetable.

Some people don't like certain vegetables because they can taste a bitter flavour component that others can't detect. Broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, radish and turnips are among the biggest offenders apparently:
http://www.nature.com/news/2006/0609...s060918-1.html

I had yuca a lot when I was in South America. It was usually just a side and not a main dish. I liked the flavor and texture. I notice that yuca fries are becoming popular in the US.

I can only handle celery in very small doses. A few months ago I wanted to make a really good tuna fish/mayonnaise sandwich, so I got some celery at the supermarket. It was okay but not great in the tuna (onion was better). Unfortunately I was forced to buy several big stocks of celery which ended up in the trash of course. Can't believe some people eat it with peanut butter. That would totally ruin some perfectly good peanut butter.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page