―Balon Greyjoy
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 04:18 PM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
All the music (not literally.)

Recently:

(maybe) spawned this great comment:

Is this supposed to be funny? Is this supposed to be entertaining? I just don't get it. Maybe I'm getting too old, or kids just have a sense of humour I'm not getting. This just looks like a substantial waste of time, and quite frankly a bit idiotic on the part of the creator. Sorry.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Spectacular Member

A little of everything except for mumble rap and slipknot senseless screaming type music.

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." -- Whitney Young Jr.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 03:58 PM
The Groat King

yodeling
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 08:58 PM
SAS Member

Language: Spanish,English
Country,rock,alternative, Spanish,r&b,hip hop music
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 10:49 PM
SAS Member

Recently found Jane's Addiction and can't get enough of them.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 01:48 AM
late bloomer

Bleachers' songs perfectly describe my music taste
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 02:04 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Thumbs down

distill the thread headline????

zombies? evva learned any langggguagge???

doooooooo, daaaaaahhhh thgsssss nf and and and that or and dhis with, withoyut ayetetrr baahh whiff, more wordires, more, anyn more?? u u u u u u???
uuuuuu uuu ya mind = u u u u u u u uuuuu yhyy hy h y

clarity off-radar? to??? to> to plussssss> also? more humanoid addictionnnn??? open ya mouth? ho many time say YOU? 500,000,000,000,000,000, as a micron? jus keep bleating 20 more years longer? manage even the scope of a second word too?? WOW! Listen? that many times too? like a second world war word too? Label the thread this way? "Music"

a single-syllable, single-worded mind! UH! plankton mind!

proposition addicted????? up? to? uh. as? so? mega sophisticated neanderthal.

how many YOUs per associated word Billionzzz. a YOU Mind

your planet is a I & YOU interchange universe only. atomic world. every spec of time = U & I ≈ ∞ pinnnggg ponnnnggg
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 11:31 AM
occasionally lesbian NRx

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan View Post
Recently found Jane's Addiction and can't get enough of them.

I've only really listened to a couple of their popular singles but really like those:

Pointless rambling part:

90s alt rock music like the first track has a weird nostalgic quality for me (even though it was recorded in the late 80s, it kind of belongs more to the 90s,) even though I'm too young to be nostalgic about it. I guess some early 2000s stuff which I am old enough to be nostalgic about creates a similar effect but not as much, but some of the stuff I listened to then was 90s too like earlier Green Day stuff, (and also via my dad listening to some 90s rock bands like Nirvana and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.)

Maybe it's because of this:

I actually think the early 2000s sounded like alt metal/rap metal and pop punk and the 2010s has had vaporwave (but that's been about a decade now too,) and witch house- not synthwave that's too pastiche, and depressing rap music later on lol. Mumble rap. But I still think there's still a point there because of social atomisation.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 03:40 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I've only really listened to a couple of their popular singles but really like those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0hFQdEUQKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb3FJdRk-tI

Pointless rambling part:

90s alt rock music like the first track has a weird nostalgic quality for me (even though it was recorded in the late 80s, it kind of belongs more to the 90s,) even though I'm too young to be nostalgic about it. I guess some early 2000s stuff which I am old enough to be nostalgic about creates a similar effect but not as much, but some of the stuff I listened to then was 90s too like earlier Green Day stuff, (and also via my dad listening to some 90s rock bands like Nirvana and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.)

Maybe it's because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4jJI20b4NU

I actually think the early 2000s sounded like alt metal/rap metal and pop punk and the 2010s has had vaporwave (but that's been about a decade now too,) and witch house- not synthwave that's too pastiche, and depressing rap music later on lol. Mumble rap. But I still think there's still a point there because of social atomisation.

I didn't care for them a long time ago because they were a little strange, but sitting down and listening to Nothing's Shocking and Ritual de lo habitual, it's an amazing experience. Almost every song is a trip plus Dave Navarro is an excellent guitar player. Now it makes sense why they were so popular, and still today have a lot of fans in the rock scene. Luckily these days full albums are on Youtube so if you are interested in their music I highly recommend giving it a listen.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 09:54 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Anything that I like...
House, trance, (whatever these are progressive, uplifting, vocal and other) 90's eurodance, techno, rock...

Hip-hop, rap, pop (I dislike mostly American (Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Megan Trainor and else something like that) these have some exceptions...

J-Pop, J-Rock and even vocaloids are also interesting thing to me but some exceptions can occur as well...

But however I hate most of lithuanian pop music (it's total trash, even worse than earlier mentioned American ones), or some cheap rip offs of famous popular songs as they mostly sound lame and trashy...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:20 AM
SAS Member

I recently prefer to listen to classical music
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
All music not containing human voice! therefore it ain't contaminated
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 01:46 AM
Lost Generation Club

Language: Fleeing
My Mood: Pensive
I pretty much haven't had a favorite artist since my early 20s. As I've gotten older, I find myself only listening to Ambient, New Age, or Electronic musical genres 90% of the time because I don't really care for most of today's lyric based music.

However, every once in a while, I'll jam to some [typically old] or newly trending rap or rock song.

"Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 01:47 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Angelic
Sektor Gaza Rusky punk band on YT

While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man, wishing he could talk softly in her ear...

While you HUMILIATE, OFFEND, & INSULT her,
there's a man flirting with her, & reminding her, how wonderful she is.

While you HURT your woman,
there's a man wishing he could show her love

While you make your woman CRY,
there's a man stealing smiles from her.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 04:48 AM
Yoink

some of my favorites:

AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Alarm, Alice in Chains, Allman Brothers Band, America, Animals, Adam Ant, Anthrax, Louis Armstrong, Asia,

Bach, BTO, Bad Company, The Band, Bangles, Gato Barbieri, Bay City Rollers, Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, Beatles, Beck, Jeff Beck, The Bee Gees, Beethoven, Pat Benatar, George Benson, Berlin, Chuck Berry, B-52's, Bjork, Black Crowes, Blackfoot, Black Sabbath, Blind Melon, Blue Oyster Cult, Blues Brothers, Blues Traveler, Blondie, Blood Sweat & Tears, Bon Jovi, Boston, David Bowie, Bread, Breeders, James Brown, Dave Brubeck, Jimmy Buffett, Bush,

Cake, Canned Heat, Carpenters, Cars, Johnny Cash, Tracy Chapman, Ray Charles, Chubby Checker, Chicago, Cheap Trick, Cheech & Chong, Cher, Chic, Eric Clapton, Clash, Jimmy Cliff, Patsy Cline, Coasters, Joe Cocker, Nat King Cole, Collective Soul, Phil Collins, John Coltrane, Commodores, Alice Cooper, Elvis Costello, The Cranberries, Cracker, Robert Cray, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jim Croce, CSNY, Christopher Cross, The Cult, Culture Club, The Cure, Cyprus Hill,

Dick Dale, Charlie Daniels, Danzig, Miles Davis, Dee-Lite, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, John Denver, Depeche Mode, Devo, Neil Diamond, Bo Diddley, Dio, Donovan, Doors, Doobie Brothers, Disturbed, Dire Straits, Thomas Dolby, Fats Domino, Duran Duran, Bob Dylan,

Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, ELO, Duke Ellington, ELP, Eminem, David Essex, Eurythmics,

Fabulous Thunderbirds, Faith No More, Jose Feliciano, Fifth Dimension, Ella Fitzgerald, The Fixx, Fleetwood Mac, Flock of Seagulls, Foghat, Foo Fighters, Foreigner, 4 Non Blondes, Peter Frampton, Aretha Franklin, Glenn Frey,

Peter Gabriel, Garbage, Marvin Gaye, Gloria Gaynor, J. Geils Band, Genesis, Godsmack, Go-Go's, Golden Earring, Grand Funk, Grateful Dead, Al Green, Green Day, Guess Who, Guns N Roses,

Sammy Hagar, Hall & Oates, Lionel Hampton, Herbie Hancock, George Harrison, Hawkwind, Heart, Helmet, Jimi Hendrix, Don Henley, Al Hirt, Billie Holiday, Buddy Holly, John Lee Hooker,

Billy Idol, INXS, Iron Maiden, Chris Isaak,

Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson, Rick James, Jane's Addiction, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Joan Jett, Billy Joel, Elton John, Grace Jones, Tom Jones, Janis Joplin, Journey, Judas Priest,

Kansas, KC and the Sunshine Band, Kiss, BB King, King Crimson, Kinks, Kool & the Gang, Korn, Kraftwerk, Lenny Kravitz, Gene Krupa,

Cyndi Lauper, Led Zeppelin, Peggy Lee, John Lennon, Huey Lewis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Little Richard, Live, Living Colour, Kenny Loggins, Los Lobos, Loverboy, Lynyrd Skynyrd,

Madness, Mamas and the Papas, Henry Mancini, Barry Manilow, Marilyn Manson, Bob Marley, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, Dave Matthews Band, Paul McCartney, MC Hammer, Meat Loaf, Megadeth, Men at Work, Metallica, George Michael, Midnight Oil, Glenn Miller, Jacob Miller, Steve Miller Band, Missing Persons, Eddie Money, Thelonious Monk, Molly Hatchet, The Monkees, Moody Blues, Alanis Morrisette, Van Morrison, Motels, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mountain, Mozart,

Nazareth, Willie Nelson, Randy Newman, Olivia Newton-John, Night Ranger, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, No Doubt, Ted Nugent,

Offspring, O'Jays, Roy Orbison, Tony Orlando, Outlaws, Ozzy Osbourne,

Jimmy Page, Pantera, Robert Palmer, Parliament, Charlie Parker, Alan Parsons Project, Dolly Parton, Pearl Jam, Pet Shop Boys, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, Robert Plant, Pointer Sisters, Police, PUSA, Elvis Presley, The Pretenders, Louis Prima, Primus, Prince, Procol Harum,

Queen, Queensryche, Quiet Riot,

Rage Against the Machine, Rainbow, Bonnie Raitt, Rammstein, Ramones, Rare Earth, Otis Redding, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, REO Speedwagon, Smokey Robinson, Rolling Stones, Romantics, Linda Ronstadt, Diana Ross, Runaways, Run DMC, Rush,

Sade, Sam & Dave, Santana, Joe Satriani, Boz Scaggs, Scorpions, Seals & Crofts, Bob Seger, Sepultura, Sex Pistols, Shaggy, Simon & Garfunkel, Carly Simon, Paul Simon, Frank Sinatra, Slade, Slayer, Smashing Pumpkins, Snoop Dogg, Soundgarden, Spin Doctors, Spinners, Spirit, Dusty Springfield, Bruce Springsteen, Ringo Starr, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, Cat Stevens, Rod Stewart, Sting, Sly & The Family Stone, Stone Temple Pilots, Stray Cats, Barbra Streisand, Styx, Sublime, Suicidal Tendencies, Donna Summer, Supertramp, Supremes, Sweet, System of a Down,

Talking Heads, Tchaikovsky, Temptations, Ten Years After, Tesla, Thin Lizzy, .38 Special, George Thorogood, Three Dog Night, Toadies, Tool, Peter Tosh, Traffic, Pat Travers, Traveling Wilburys, Triumph, Robin Trower, Tina Turner, Twisted Sister,

UB40, U2, Ugly Kid Joe, Uriah Heep,

Frankie Valli, Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Vivaldi, Volbeat,

Joe Walsh, Wang Chung, Wagner, War, Muddy Waters, Wham, Barry White, Whitesnake, White Zombie, The Who, John Williams, Edgar Winter, Stevie Wonder,

Yardbirds, Yes, Neil Young,

Frank Zappa, Zebra, Zombies, ZZ Top

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 PM
SAS Member

Some 70s and 80s rock and pop since that's what my parents listened to and 90s and early 2000s pop and rock since it was on when I was growing up.

Mostly for newer stuff I like alternative rock, punk rock, techno and dubstep. Also sometimes even jazz and classical in small amounts. I also like Christian music like classics and some contemporary.

I generally don't care for new music in general after 2013 or so but it's hard to put a date. Not a huge fan of autotuned that much but there is some current music I like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 09:35 PM
SAS Member

black metal, death metal, prog metal, thrash metal, doom metal. basically all metal except deathcore,metalcore,numetal etc..because that stuff isn't metal.

also 90s rock, especially grunge. classic rock, 80s pop stuff, mo-town and other popular 50's and 60's music. classical, atmospheric ambient
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 05:06 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotInTheDark View Post
But however I hate most of lithuanian pop music (it's total trash, even worse than earlier mentioned American ones), or some cheap rip offs of famous popular songs as they mostly sound lame and trashy...
Brazilian pop music it's mediocre too, the music that plays in radio it's so terrible.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page