2K views 28 replies 28 participants last post by  RelinquishedHell 
#1 ·
What makes you happy?

#2 ·
3/4 full coffee mug that's just cool enough to sip
Opening a new jar of cashews
Hearing my sisters laugh while their children play together
Watching my brothers push each other but still backing each other up
My dad fixing something and looking all proud even though it was a cheap sub-$10 item
Mom excitedly telling me about an event she found out about
Washing my face after a long day
The feeling of hot laundry from the dryer
Sweat being washing away in a cold shower
Stray cats following me around
The softness of a woman's hand on my arm
When she blushes
Knowing the answer and helping a customer in a professional manner while knowing their life is now better than it was 5 minutes ago
Getting a letter from an old acquaintance
Dancing badly but not so much that she gives up on me

...I might've got more into it than OP was asking lol

#6 ·
Serotonin makes me happy :) At least, that is my understanding of it, a chemical is unleashed in my brain and hits all of my happy spots, sprouting a sense of euphoria.. That understanding of neurobiology may have since changed though, so I could be completely incorrect in my assessment of happiness. On a more general, and serious perspective of the question, a lot of things can make me feel happy, it could be something as simple as seeing the moon sitting in the sky, or the way a tree sways in the wind. It might be sitting back at my computer, after cleaning the house, there is a large variety of things that could make me feel happy. Usually, I can produce a sensation of happiness, if I really want to, it is a matter of finding significance in anything, really. A trick of the mind, if you will :) Emotions are pretty interesting, and over the years, I have become pretty good at manipulating mine, I'm trying to find an analogy of what it is like. Fishing comes close, although, I know little about fishing, but from what I have seen, it seems similar. You know the good spots, you get a feel of your line, you know which bait to use to catch the right fish. When you feel the tug, you know how much of a pull you need to take, how to reel in the fish, and not lose it in the process, and you also know when it is just a boot or weed. It is a cheesy analogy, but I think it fits pretty well.

Of course, there are bad fishing days as well, and no matter how many tricks you have, you aren't going to catch any.

#8 ·
I think I'm naturally a fairly happy person - I think it'd be churlish of me not to be grateful for the position I'm in. I have people that love me and I've had a lot of great times, plus I have the freedom and ability to have a lot more. I have no real reason to be unhappy.

I could think of a few things just off the top of my head that definitely make me happy - talking to my son on the phone, walking on the beach up in Bali, finding a great book online, even just looking at some of the books I've already got.

#12 ·
Water/the sea/swimming/cliffs near the sea

music concerts

tiny marshmallows in hot chocolate

Thursday Plurbonym-Boyporridge (if you watch this watch out for the part with random screaming audio that's loud about half way through):

https://@www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGb_1bc2eKI&t

chocolate, tea (if it's a particularly good cup of tea,) old buildings and castles, book shops even though I don't read now, low lit buildings/rooms (sensory issues,) some video games, food.

Lemon scented shower gel and lemon stuff generally, I like lemon flavoured food. Also like sour stuff like rhubarb.

#13 ·
this human world is going doooowwwwn. devolving

my name ain't 'You'. who ya asking???

1. gazing at tiniest babytoy touchy screeeniez.>:) dirt. ƒil†h

popularity, the worst attribute of any species. animals. POpppyy Mooziq!
ZZ000MBieezzz!!! at age 4, all i wanted: do anything no other has ever done.

nothing ever did make me happy or any future. any world with no humans be perfect. i'd get some minerals to make a home, a car... NO LAWS!

add any more detrimentals:

#19 ·
Lust, gluttony & sloth

Not to bad only 3 out of the 7 deadly sins, only 45% evil, less than half, the good side's winning :yay

#28 ·
1. Being loved and accepted
2. Music
3. Playing Fifa with friends
4. Discoveries/Epiphanies
5. Weekends
6. Watching soccer
7. Bbq’s
8. Seinfeld
8. New awesome movie releases on Hulu
9. South Park
10. Popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.